Client Addon Packages: the future

Any idea how to make that open?

I do not know.

Should be fine now

And some people couldn’t care less about you wanting to make your game look pretty while others are left dealing with issues.

Go talk to the people who made whatever graphics mod you were using and get them to convert it and get it signed.

1 Like

Oh yes just “convert it” simple isn’t it.

any idea on how long it would take to get an rpf signed ?

So far it’s been 3 days for me.

The signing process isn’t even opened up yet since, again, this is a future change.

1 Like

I still don’t get the point of this idea. Maybe I’m wrong but for me it looks like u guys want to make fivem work similar way like rage multiplayer is made with rpf’s support. That thing would be so amazing if it was for server-side. But for client modifications… Why? (Ok, I know some things don’t work in client and that might help) but by the way it was very comfortable to modify files in these client locations and if i need to create my own rpf’s and put them to some /mods folder in client, it makes the whole process much longer. I don’t want to open gtav.exe in single player mode to test every mod i create cause that’s ridiculous and requires hella long time. Doing this quickly in FiveM (for example changing values of graphic files or gameconfig and basically game mechanics) was much easier. The update like this would be really useful if u still leave alone option how it was always with citizen/common and citizen/platform just for testing purposes. Also would like to know why plugins could not be signed same way and why u can’t make it like in rage multiplayer that u load server modifications in real time by console, not by launching fivem again and again, just ALL in real time. That would be something else with rpf’s support server-side. Well…I had some hopes in FiveM but seems it gets more complicated and quite against free modding thought. Not telling this because i hate this platform or something. I dedicated 2 years of my life and put too much effort creating database of everything that i own on my server, managing, downgrading and fixing bugs. Almost all knowledge i learned by myself testing and testing because the forum here was always against me and never helpful but I’m still proud of what i achieved but looking for more server-side support. Anyway that’s just my opinion about the post above and u don’t have to agree with me. Good luck to all fivem devs

1 Like

Why others could have issues when he use different files in client thought? It’s your individual problem what u have in client. You can even have total different values in gameconfig to make pedestrains spawn like hell and other player can have vanilla configs and it doesn’t always make crashes, of course it affects gameplay for every player on server but mostly only when player with different values is in same area. Yes i tested almost every value in gameconfig and it’s all up to u what u do with client files and what pc u have. If u disagree u probably never had your fivem server and u have no knowledge how fivem works. And here he shows graphic mod with probably new textures and weather that might be in client so what’s wrong with this. The sentence that made me quite mad is: “Go talk to the people who made whatever graphics mod you were using and get them to convert it and get it signed.” This is the most idiotic thing i heard in my whole life… What if i have so many modifications on my server that it would took 100 years to talk to every damn author of each mod? You think modders don’t have better things to do than just converting their modifications for me or anyone else? Wtf man. I think I’m gonna make some compilation about best comments on this forum cause it gets better and better.

Yes, that was the problem. its fixed now. thanks!

Well, it’s a great thing that server mods aren’t at all effected by this. Nor are client plugins.

Yeah right, and I’m sure all the elements that’re giving the reason for it are just blowing smoke and doing this update just to piss people off yeah?Yep, surely that’s it, lmfao. I mean, you tested changing values in a single file. That’s totally equal to testing the thousands of files that could cause issues that get bundled with client-side stuff that isn’t needed.

so how would i add visual packs??

Right, but throughout this entire thread that’s not been the point. The point has been that there are in fact client files that get included in client mod releases that end up having an impact on not only your local client but others as well. Again, something that an element directly pointed as being a reason for this update

These were posing big enough issues for them that they deemed it being worth rocking the boat and pissing people off to fix. So clearly, it was a rather major issue that they felt needed addressed.

I do hope they have the process for creating the rpfs laid out once this does go live (Better yet, before). But at the end of the day this will suck short-term but long-term be better for players.

how do i get my stuff signed??

You don’t seem to grasp the issue here, people that weren’t doing anything with client-mods were having issues. Not sure what someone’s age or knowledge of file structures has anything to do with something that they have literally no control over. But, sure.

Nothing you’re talking about has any sort of relevancy to any of this.

2 Likes

On top of that he seems to be an idiot too:

• hasn’t heard of the refresh and restart commands in the server console and somehow does know of these from some scripthook mp mod
  • actually legitimately thinks that DLC RPF loading (which actually is a mess to test and requires opening SP to test) is better than granular data file support and per file streaming where all you need is a single resource restart most of the time
  • actually complains that RPFs are a mess to test but yet somehow says they’re the future but only if loaded from servers (??? other mod projects only do this as they’re too idiotic to be able to get dynamic streaming working correctly)
  • somehow wants server joining to take 4 hours to download 10 GB of content rather than this being done dynamically whenever someone spawns something
2 Likes

Please for your own health seek medical attention. I’ve seen this before you are showing clear signs of someone about to have a stroke.

1 Like

1 Like

This will be nice at some point, but as of right now it’s a bit of a pain in the backside.