Client Addon Packages: the future

Do you know if “update\update.rpf\x64\textures” and “update\update.rpf\x64\data” are able to be modified? “Razed” asked me about this.

1 Like

So… I suppose natural vision remastered will get approved?.. Considering how widely used it is? and i also suppose that reshade wont get blocked? I made a reshade for NVR FiveM that makes the game look like PRSA ENB and i really dont wanna loose that…

3 Likes

I hope that something in the future for ENB and ReShade also gets implemented. I do hope that. Currently it can be very broken for some people.

1 Like

Likely so, but would need testing to see if the order is correct.

2 Likes

I agree that for professional modders this would be sadly news. But if prevents from crashes which players are complaining so much about it. Let’s see…

1 Like

As long as all my visual mods work and I could continue making stories im good with it. Otherwise ill be away for a while until things clear up here.

1 Like

What would be considered as “badly behaving mods”? If there is a clear definition of the “do’s” and “don’t” and gets approved in a reasonable amount of time - then I don’t see any issue whatsoever with this system.

Most of the comments so far seems like “oh please don’t take my mods away” oriented. If the above criteria holds true then nobody should be worried about it.

If not beneficial, in terms of better user experience (i.e less crashes). How cool would it be if the FiveM client were to have some “client mods” browser in the launcher? Hot loading of these mods would be even better (not sure if this is technically feasible), To tie into the whole “seamless experience”.

2 Likes

So what does this mean no more graphics mods?

1 Like

This is not a good thing. This will cause WAY more issues than fixes and will also encourage people NOT playing FiveM, period.

1 Like

So tell me genius, what issues will this cause?

4 Likes

Any chance of you sharing that? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

Aside from entire servers being unplayable until they get their mods approved? Oh ghee.

1 Like

what are you talking about ??? this is mainly for client mods servers will not be affected, this is to improve stability and performance overall and actually load those mods properly

3 Likes

This is for client mods dude. Nothing serverside will be changed.

3 Likes

How would this work for servers that stream the pause map and still require the mapzoomdata.meta to be placed in the /citizen/common/data/ui folder? Would this change effect this file and would it need to be “approved”? Is there a way to place this file server side within the resource, not requiring the file to be placed on the client?

2 Likes

Reading people’s responses here make me die inside a little.

4 Likes

I don’t know about you but my server has a lot of client mods. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

1 Like

If they are in your resources folder in the server you’ll be fine, if they are installed in your fivemappdata that’s what’s being changed to work differently

3 Likes

Derr. That makes more sense.

2 Likes

Ok so in development mode I was not able to use the pack. I looked at the F8 console and it states it needs to be signed.

Do I have to have it signed for developer mode??

2 Likes