Client Addon Packages: the future

maybe it still needs ArchiveFix
edit
it seems that you need to specify +set modDevMode 1 at launching it is not a convar

1 Like

I have set that “+set modDevMode 1”. Maybe I didn’t do it correctly? Any ideas of how to do it?

1 Like

If you don’t see a huge watermark claiming you’re in mod developer mode it is likely that the variable didn’t get applied.

Again, this should be a launch parameter :o

2 Likes

it would look like that i did my thru steam if you use it that way right click on the shortcut, properties, set launch options add the line “+set modDevMode 1” and OK then start fiveM, if you’re just using a basic fivem shortcut same concept right click, properties then under “Target tab”

3 Likes

honestly, i’d much rather just not have client-side stuff ( f your manual-approve ) and instead allow for client white/blacklisting of certain server mods, we already do have visualsettings changing, why not more :o

1 Like

My friends and I like to use a modified materials file to add some realism to off-road driving in our server. As far as I know that can’t be streamed server-side at the moment. Since changing that file could put some players at a disadvantage, I assume it wouldn’t be approved?

1 Like

which materials file is this that you speak of? I can look into it and find out the direct functionality. It might not be effecting others.

1 Like

citizen\common\data\materials\materials.dat

Is this what you were asking? It changes the amount of tire friction there is on each type of surface. Makes sand and mud slippery for example.

1 Like

yes that is what I was looking for. From what I understand, that should only be affecting your side. Now I have no idea if that is going to cause any related crashes for other people but from my experience that should be alright. It’s kinda similar to how handling.xml is in terms of affecting others.

I try doing some specific testing tonight to maybe get that to load serverside. It seems like something that’s possible.

2 Likes

But it’s still going to have to be put in an rpf and signed right? I mean it makes sense.

Yeah I’ve seen visualsettings.dat done that way before. So maybe…

1 Like

Yeah it would have to be signed.

2 Likes

Let me know if you find anything tonight. If we could just stream that server-side that would be much better anyway. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Absolutely, I will let you know.

3 Likes

I agree that this will help with a lot of problems that people have. But i have one question. For those that already do have say visual mods installed already will they have to take it out in order to be able to run FiveM or will it just not recognize it anymore ?

1 Like

You will need to add your “mod pack” in the new folder.

@aluminium Can’t send PM’s to @mod_reviewers

i pm’d them last night had no issue try again maybe?

Does this also affect cars (replace/add-on) and clothes?

well if they’re server sided then no but if you create a pack for client side then it would affect other players because only the person with those client side files could spawn the cars the others would just see you floating around which would cause crashes and desync, so cars are def better server side same with clothes like EUP, but u could make a client side clothes pack that would only work for you as long as they’re replacements

I have been trying to add the equivalents of “update/update.rpf/common/data/***” with no luck. I have tried modifying the content.xml and assembly.xml however I don’t really know what I am suppose to add or what directories I am suppose to modify. Are you able to provide any directions for something like that?

Perhaps maybe a template like you have above in the post may be a good idea for this directory.

1 Like