Hey everyone, I’m looking for some clarification from people who have experience with this.
Has anyone here had any issues, warnings, takedowns, server action, or contact from Cfx/Rockstar because of using debadged real-world cars?
I’m specifically talking about cars where:
-
The actual real-world car design/body is still recognizable
-
Manufacturer badges and logos are removed
-
Model names are removed
-
Interior branding is removed
-
The car uses a fictional name/brand
So basically, something that still looks like a BMW, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Dodge, etc., but has no real branding on it.
So I’m trying to understand how this is being handled in practice today.
If anyone has actually experienced enforcement related to this, could you share what happened?
Also interested to know whether anyone has contacted Cfx directly and received a recent answer about:
• Debadged real-world designs
• Scratch-made models based on real cars
• How heavily a car needs to be modified before it is considered an original/fictional vehicle
Not looking for guesses if possible. I’d especially appreciate answers from server owners, vehicle developers, or anyone who has dealt with Cfx/Rockstar directly.
Thanks!