Changes to the Cfx.re server list BOOST™ functionality

In the past weeks, we have made a number of changes to the FiveM server list BOOST™ functionality, to be more in line with user expectations and be more friendly towards end users.

What changed?

• Discord Nitro boosts on the Cfx.re Project Hub server no longer convert to an automatic 10 BOOST™ points, and are completely useless. Since this was originally introduced because Discord required one to register 50 unique accounts to get ‘server perks’, and this is no longer the case, offering this is completely counterproductive. Please stop boosting the Cfx.re Project Hub, it serves no benefit to anyone other than the venture capitalists owning Discord.
  • Old BOOST™ points have been divided by 5 to allow flexibility in pricing for external resellers. This means that $5/€5 = 1 BOOST™ point.
  • You can now buy BOOST™ points as part of an upvote package at ZAP-Hosting, since Patreon’s custom pledge interface might be confusing for some.

What is the current scenario?

• An Element Club subscription on the FiveM patreon will include the following amount of BOOST™ points, assuming your forum account is older than 7 days:
    • Argentum :cd:: 3 points.
    • Aurum :dvd:: 5 points.
    • Platinum :star2:: 10 points.
  • Existing custom pledges will be honored for the time being (this changed as of sometime 2021, fyi), however…
  • … you can directly buy additional BOOST™ score starting at €5/month with a much easier interface than the Patreon ‘custom pledge’ interface from our partner.

What will change in the future?

• The ‘upvote’ button in the server list will directly lead to a store page.
  • You’ll be able to divide your BOOST™ points across multiple servers.

FAQ

Do I need a server hosted at ZAP-Hosting to buy upvote packages?

No, you don’t - anyone can buy packages for any server, hosted anywhere.

Why ZAP?!

We already have a partnership with ZAP-Hosting for hosting services, and therefore they were the obvious choice for handling the complexities and legal obligations that come with selling online services.

I liked the Discord boost promotion, why is it gone? :frowning:

Because it served no purpose. We can pay the $130 for the ‘level 3’ perks ourselves, and we do not care about being ‘on top’ of some contrived leaderboards.

That, and it led to a few edge cases where certain servers abused a trick in order to gain fraudulent BOOST™ points.

Why wasn’t this announced before?

Because we were expecting the upvote packages to be done much earlier. :slight_smile:

33 Likes

Thanks for the update! Always appreciate the efforts :slightly_smiling_face:

I look forward to seeing the future changes mentioned.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update guys. This is gonna be awesome. Planning on getting some boost points for my server very soon.

6 Likes

Good getting new ways but making it expensive doesn’t help anyone in my opinion. :confused: Also does other hosts than ZAP sell boost points?

3 Likes

… it’s the same price it always was, except now with a lower minimum (€5 instead of $15), how is that more expensive?

There are no other hosts that are permitted to sell FiveM services at all, and the sale of boost points is not even tied to hosting. It just happens that this was the easiest way to outsource all the requirements for selling end user products.

2 Likes

May I ask why no one else than ZAP is allowed to sell FiveM hosting? It is monopoly basically.

3 Likes

a) they asked first, unlike other providers at the time who didn’t even ask
b) multiple providers would lead to less favorable rates from each, and having to spend infinite manpower on account management for each of them, so it’s literally a lose-lose for us

1 Like

I understand, but why don’t open for one more or more. Many people have bad experience with ZAP as they don’t have enough knowledge about FiveM and from what I experienced and read is that they are slow.

2 Likes

There are seemingly hundreds of VPS and dedicated hosting providers out there. Nobody ever said you can’t use those. Your choice of hosting provider is entirely up to you. If you don’t prefer ZAP Hosting, for whatever reason, then just don’t use them. That’s entirely your choice.

2 Likes

My friend bought Platinum key but he didn’t get 10 Points to boost our server?

Still think that FiveM should try and work with other providers and ditch Zap. Zap are nothing but useless, provide a sub par service and most of all their billing system/site is far from being finished. Resulting in duplicated charges, no support and just bad customer service overall with no experience in FiveM. It’s great you’re working to make points easier and more accessible to people though.

6 Likes

I’ll lose my boost every month?
Because i know some servers have the same boost for like 3,4 months and not reset

Gee, thanks for clarifying we’re allowed to use different hosts.

1 Like

If I use the boost of 15 from one month to the next month of payment, can I add another boost, if I have 3 points, would they add to 6?

1 Like

So I don’t have more than 10 upvotes? I subscribed to platinum, I thought I had these 10 upvotes. VERY UNFAIR I PAID 50 DOLLARS NOT TO HAVE?
Pqp

1 Like

Old BOOST™ points have been divided by 5 to allow flexibility in pricing for external resellers. This means that $5/€5 = 1 BOOST™ point.

why does everyone have a bad habit of valuing as equal dolars and euros? you are concerning about that 1 euro is about 20% more expensive than dolar? anyone could buy points with dolars, resell it cheaper than you in euros and making illegal profit in the way. Sometimes i think… people just make shitty things because others let them do it… . So dificult is to just adjust the prices approximately??

1 Like

You are aware that EUR prices are (or should be?) including VAT, and the Patreon USD prices are excluding VAT? (also, the difference in processing fees)

Coincidentally, VAT is also about 20%, so prices are equivalent.

You can’t ‘resell’ points?

Also, maybe, these dynamics don’t work the way you’d think… not all costs are on the end user list price, and you can choose freely where to buy and in which currency, which you can’t say about Steam or any other store.

1 Like

You are aware that EUR prices are (or should be?) including VAT, and the Patreon USD prices are excluding VAT? (also, the difference in processing fees)

O.o i didnt know that, i informed myself about VAT right now when you cited it, this fee is made to make EU prices competitive within the borders, I won’t go into economic issues but its clear this tax is completly useless and counterproductive in internet salles , this will cause use dolars instead euro, making the power of the euro useless too internationally , as always things made by monkeys (EU politicians).

You can’t ‘resell’ points?
Also, maybe , these dynamics don’t work the way you’d think… not all costs are on the end user list price

totally since VAT explanation, thx for that

and you can choose freely where to buy and in which currency, which you can’t say about Steam or any other store.

that is clearly a advantage but is where “the issue” persist, of course you cant resell pont directly and probably you get banned (talking about a third hypothetical person) if moderation catch you, but if you choose pay in dollars and then say to someone “Ey, i upvote your server for 4,50 €” and they get deal, they are getting profit selling it cheaper, really 0.50 cents is useless to make profit but imagine someone doing in big quantity. now its clear why the prices are the same quantity are all seems correct but the issue persist.

1 Like

can i ask how to remove the 10 boost in the server ?

1 Like

Hi, i did bought club aurum yesterday, and on that post says if i have that club i have 5 upvotes to my key, can someone help me how i redeem that 5 boosts=?

1 Like