Update (June 4th, 2022): A hotfix with version 5628 has been released fixing some issues (crashing on high DPI screens the F8 menu bar not working) introduced with the dear imgui update.
An update to the Cfx.re platform (version 5625) has been released to the ‘production’ channel. This update applies to both FiveM and RedM, and mostly includes bug fixes, including a workaround for the NVIDIA DXCache corruption issue usually manifested by ‘the game takes 10 minutes to launch, and sometimes never does’.
A summary of changes follows:
- The NVIDIA shader cache performance strategy has been disabled (using NVAPI). There’s a bug in the NVIDIA drivers since the R470 series (released mid-2021) where the ‘DXCache’ directory will corrupt, which often led to the game hanging for a long time on startup, or often not even launching/showing an ‘early-exit trap’ message as an internal thread got hung.
- The ‘dear imgui’ library has been updated, applying some tweaks for UI controlled by it such as the F8 console:
- DPI scaling is now taken into account so the console is finally readable on 4K screens.
- Updated the font used for the DPI scaling changes.
- The ‘pills’ in the console channel name now have the correct height.
- The project watermark will no longer show on the top left of the screen anymore. Layer ordering would often make the game claim it had ‘ FPS’ if using the small
- The deadline for ‘reliable’ ENet commands has been tweaked, so the ‘draw perf’ overlay should no longer show as much incorrect packet loss when having very low ping.
- Connecting to a server will not block on requesting a Steam ticket if the server indicates it doesn’t have a Steam API key set. This should help when connecting to a server that doesn’t need Steam when Steam is down (but still running).
- A conflict with the Mumble audio threads, the Steam game overlay hook, and Windows’ microphone activity indicator hook which could lead to a stack overflow on launch has been resolved.
- Some issues with vector results for native commands have been fixed.
- FxDK: Loading the game for the first time should no longer lead to ‘Unloading’ being stuck.
- RedM: Another OneSync fix has been applied for null player info crashes.
- RedM: Initial game storage download has been improved.
- The speed indicator should now correctly go down to ‘0 MB/s’ in case nothing is being transferred.
- The download UI will explicitly say when a peer-to-peer file is being downloaded to inform the user that this may be slower.
- Start the IPFS library in the background, so the window doesn’t go ‘not responding’ right away.
- Updated the IPFS library so there may be less breakage in bitswap logic.
- FiveM: The most recently used camera mode for each context will now be applied on load, matching story mode and GTA: Online behavior.
- FiveM: Texture dictionaries with the wrong format/buffer size for
script_rt_will no longer crash the game.
- FiveM: Dummy objects (such as gas pumps) being destroyed/instantiated no longer will excessively duplicate. This was reported on GitHub as #1452 and broke in November of 2021.
- FiveM: Having a dear imgui window dragged outside of the game window will no longer break the watermark or the loading screen progress indicator.
- FiveM: The game will now correctly treat a
d3d11.dllin the FiveM directory as add-on graphics mod. This being handled incorrectly often led to ‘only seeing the city backdrop’.
- FiveM: ‘Fast’ downgrading from GTA V build 2628 to build 2612 is now supported.
- FiveM: A case of streaming name mapping corruption has been fixed. This would usually lead to crashes/hangs when using tools such as “strmem” or “strlist”.