FiveM Crash in Main Menü

GTA V version:
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: 21H2 Build 19044.1706
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? No
System specifications: A I9 9900k, 32 GB RAM and an rtx 2060 dual
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash):
CfxCrashDump_2022_06_01_19_00_55.zip (1.1 MB)

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:

Filepath to FiveM folder: C:\Users\h4e\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot:

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Is Disabled in FiveM for my Server, Windows Defender
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?

FiveM starts and crashes after trying to display the main menu. Unfortunately, the error does not seem to occur every time FiveM is started. Exactly described: The screen goes black after the loading process, my computer gets audibly louder. The black screen stays open a little longer than normal. Every now and then I also see the gray background of the menu on about one eighth of the screen. In addition, FiveM does not always manage to open to full screen with the current stable build from today. The aforementioned crash occurs:

At most starts of FiveM. Now and then also when going in and out of Fivem, then it crashes when you switch back into the application, with exactly the same error. Before today’s patch I had this error already in the Beta Update Channel, the manual change of the UpdateChannel in the CitizenFX.ini helped there and in the Stable Channel everything was usable again. As soon as the change to the beta was made, the problem was present again. Since today and the update for the stable version, the problem occurs with all available builds.

I had an internet outage afterwards, during this outage the crash in the main menu did not occur. Fivem wanted to update the local game data, which I refused. When my internet was back I had two launches without the crash, now again several with. It seems to be more or less random, but happens often enough that it took me about a week to know that sometimes it works without a crash.

I also notice with the new build that the performance overlay is not rendered properly, because it is now almost 80% of the image wide and much too large. In addition, the performance overlay is already displayed while the loading process is still running, even before I am in the main menu.

What are you trying to do?
I Just try to Start FiveM.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?

I completely reinstalled FiveM once already during the previous beta, i update GTA V and then I also completely reinstalled GTA V once. The problem is still the same. In addition, I have tried all update channels, until yesterday Crashten: Beta and Unstable and since today: Stable, Unstable and Beta. I also installed the latest GPU driver at the same time as the problems occurred. This also brought nothing.

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue? I Just Start FiveM several Times a Day. 80% or more are crashes since the Update today.

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! I dont believe this is Serversided. I cant connect to any server in 80% of all trys, it crash before a server is selected.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Sorry still as an addition. I think it may have something to do with the graphics settings, I have a different render resolution as display output. There are two settings and they can be set differently. The rendering is smaller than the output. And that would possibly explain the problem why I only see a part of the image and then crash, was something possibly changed there?

[Main Instruction]
d3d11.dll!CContext::TID3D11DeviceContext_SetShaderResources_<1,4> (0x151)

Stack trace:
d3d11.dll!CContext::TID3D11DeviceContext_SetShaderResources_<1,4> (0x151)
conhost-v2.dll!ImGui_ImplDX11_RenderDrawData (0x6eb) (imgui_impl_dx11.cpp:287)
conhost-v2.dll!ImGui_ImplDX11_RenderWindow (0x6e) (imgui_impl_dx11.cpp:719)
imgui.dll!ImGui::RenderPlatformWindowsDefault (0x7f) (imgui.cpp:13384)
conhost-v2.dll!OnConsoleFrameDraw (0x62e) (ConsoleHostImpl.cpp:423)
conhost-v2.dll!::()::__l2::::operator() (0x21) (ConsoleHostImpl.cpp:883)
conhost-v2.dll!std::invoke (0x21) (type_traits:1478)

Crash signature: d3d11.dll+1289B1
Report ID: si-94572fd05027406da96c225f0c0d516a

Hi @homieforever,

The platform was updated recently (now on v5625), so I would like to assume some of the issues you’ve mentioned (if not, then all) should be resolved.

You can read the bug fixes and other changes made to the platform here

Hi @eazy_mods

and i have the Problems since today. Before also on Beta Build. Since i do today a start i have the Problems on the Stable Build. Since the Render Res corresponds to the display resolution, the crash no longer occurs. There is something in the rendering clearly different than before, only forces me as it currently looks now that the render resolution must be equal to display resolution. If this is not the case I have this crash. Some times the Performance Overlay is opened in a other window… some times not some times it go, most times it crashes. Now it seems be stable since i have change the resolutions.

Its sure a Bug in the Rendering or something like that, just see how big the performance and f8 console is. That is not normal. And since Today.

delete the d3d11.dll from your gta5 file directory and also remove any mods you may have installed.

Hi @Painwithin,

I have never installed a mod on my GTA5, nothing manually inserted, really absolutely nothing. Everything we have is installed on the server. Fivem was even reinstalled as well as GTA V. One more thing under E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V there is no d3d11.dll, I had the thought but the file does not exist?

That is ‘normal’. Your Windows scaling is set to 300% or so, see also how your Windows Explorer screenshot is that big as well. [1]

See this feature request by someone else for why it got added:

What do you mean by ‘the Render Res’? Where did you configure this ‘Render Res’? The game’s settings? Your GPU driver?

I’m still looking for a way to even reproduce this issue at all since just looking at the code there’s no reason this should occur whatsoever, so anything that could help actually cause the issue would help.

I have just tried 300% scaling in Windows on a 4K screen with a 30 series NVIDIA GPU, but it still doesn’t crash from just that. :confused:

[1]: Comparison screenshot from your zoomed in Windows Explorer image and my Chrome window:

To the Scale: I am on a 65 inch TV that is 3.5 meters away. If I don’t make any changes to the scale, I go blind while programming because it is not readable. Maybe it is better to add a Ui Scale Option Direct to Fivem? I have 250 Percent and only fivem done it to Big now… My TV has also 4k but i dont use it. Its Just to small everything.

I mean if you are Ingame you have two Resolution Settings in Fivem. What Happens yesterday:

Windows Resolution are on 3k and 300 Percent Scale.
Then one Ingame Settings on 1920x1080 and one is near 2500 Pixels. I mean it maybe failed because Windows Res is Complete different then all Ingame Settings? In the Old Build this Go without any Problems.

I have Set down Windows Resolution to 2k. Then i Got also Crashes (but Not all the time) then i have Change the two Ingame Resolutions and all Crashes are gone for now.

Its really Creepy, a better why i dont have atm. Yesterday i can Play and Start FiveM for a while without Crash Like 2 hours. I Hope its fixed, but why it is gone idk… I only can say i have Change Resolutions under Windows and the two Settings Ingame. Its Like He dont Like the Old Settings or they are wrong for the new Settings. Maybe the to Big Windows Res and too small Ingame?

I have the same problem. But the crash happens only when I choose the Fullscreen. I can play with any Resolution when its windowed but when its Fullscreen I can play with 2-3 types of Resolution. And all this since yesterday. Hope I find a solution soon.

Hi I only Play In Fullscreen ( Exklusiv Mode) so maybe its real the Same.

Yeah, I can confirm this reproducibly crashes:

• 4K TV (in this case, an LG CX)
  • Desktop set to 2880x1600 with 250% scaling
  • Game resolution (advanced) set to 1920x1080 in Full Screen (Exclusive)
  • Render resolution set to 2560x1440

Thanks for the info, now we can finally find out what’s wrong in the code and fix it.

Funny thing is that I guess this workaround of running the game in 1920x1080 is meant for the exact thing the change that broke here was meant to fix - the fact that at native display resolution on a 4K TV in-game UI is unreadable. :sweat_smile:

Perfect! Then it is at least reproducible and not totally random!

Yes exactly, by changing the two values I had so far achieved that the UI was readable and my graphics card is not completely overwhelmed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.