Can anyone add this Ford Focus RS

Is anyone able to add this vehicle - https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/ford-focus-rs-2017-add-on-replace-tuning-template-multi-livery.

I’ve tried multiple times, even editing the vehicle.meta, however the textures on the windows are broken and like paper.

2 Likes

It’s because the texture file is too large. The maximum size a streamed file can be is 16mb. You’ll need to extract the textures reduce the quality or resolution, repack them and then it’ll work.

Split the large YTD file into separate, smaller YTD files until those newly created files are <16mb each, you can do this with OpenIV

After that basically edit the vehicles.meta txd relationships (ensuring that the vehicles_dom_interior is done last) like so:

So, vehicles_dom_interior is merged into focusrs3, then focusrs3 into focusrs2 and so on…

This is the only way to retain the high-res textures without compressing them, I can’t really go too in-depth atm because of work, but this is it in basics :stuck_out_tongue: - Someone will probably have to make a thread going into detail because I’m not so good at explaining things simply

2 Likes

No problem, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks alot for that info, i wanted to add this car since 2 months ago.

3 Likes

Been wanting this car for awhile too but I cannot seem to figure out how to split the file, how exactly would I go about doing this? I’ve searched all over OpenIV. :confused:

Only if you have the author’s approval.

coudl you send me the files please, ? cheers

You told me my car texture sizes weren’t to large yet your fix didn’t work

I didn’t tell you anything. Check yourself.

pm him i did and he sent me the files

Yes u did on Discord

Is there a certain way you guys split up the texture file? I got the car to spawn, the only issue I have is the Brembo logo on the glass and headlights almost like a watermark. I exported the textures to my desk top and split them as evenly as possible across 3 files. Is that correct or what did I do wrong?

1 Like

You can split them but you have to setup the meta files.

I did that, everything worked it’s just the brembo logo from the brakes is all over the glass like a watermark lol

I don’t know what brembo is?

The logo from the brake calipers. I’ll get a screen shot of it later and post it. It’s funny actually but sucks that it doesn’t work 100%

Works fine for me…

Right, so did you split it the same way I did, then divide them up between 3 files?

I copied the ytd file so there was a total of 3, I extracted the original ytd into a folder on my desk top. I deleted all the data from each file, then added the files back splitting them 3 ways. Is that correct or wrong?