Bind Command: How to Use

GTA V version? Latest.
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit.
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam.
Windows version? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? N/A.
Error screenshot (if any) No.
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? The bind command.
What server did you get this issue on? PeliporukkaRP (Finnish).
CitizenFX crash zip file N/A.
CitizenFX.log file N/A.
.dmp files/report IDs N/A.

How do I use the bind command? I used the dpEmotes package to change my emote bindings, so that the character dances with numpad 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 keys. There is no way of removing those key bindings and now I can not play with my Xbox One controller, because when I try to move with the left stick, the character dances. I can not use the keyboard as it is too difficult to control the character that way. I have tried for example these kind of bind commands:

bind NUMPAD 4 “NUMPAD 4”
bind NUMPAD 4 “LLEFT”
bind NUMPAD4 “LLEFT”
bind “NUMPAD4” “LLEFT”

I do not own the server, I only play there with the client.

7 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

5 Likes

Tell them to remove your bindings from the database.

I will contact the server owners. I will also report the issue to the dpEmotes author.

So, out of curiosity, there is nothing I can do on my side, like changing the settings files? I found for example these on my computer:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app\citizen\platform\data\control\keyboard
layout\da.meta

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\CitizenFX\fivem.cfg

3 Likes

While waiting for a fix, I found a work-around, that kind of works, but looks clumsy. The smoke emote kind of let’s me move:

emotebind num4 smoke
emotebind num5 smoke
emotebind num6 smoke
…

4 Likes

Quostix might have a solution on how to add a reset / cancel functionality with dpEmotes on the server side:

https://forum.cfx.re/t/dpemotes-1-7-390-emotes-walkingstyles-keybinding-dances-expressions-and-shared-emotes/843105/461?u=maxlimitz

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.