Another question about a linux client?

Yeah i know there have been a lot of previous requests on this.

my research

So i know you guys where waiting on the sharedresources to be implemented (link). but when i was looking trough some of the proton source code i saw that on the proton_5.13 (link) fork, some shared resources where implemented. i dont know if the things that are implemented are enough.

my questions

1. are you (the cfx.re devteam) willing to look further into this?
  2. if the things that you need arent implemented yet: able to send a request to the proton distro team instead of the wine distro team?

i want to thank you in advance for looking into this and am awaiting your reply

if the links font work:
link1: Linux Game Client?
link2: dxvk/d3d11_device.cpp at proton_5.13 · ValveSoftware/dxvk · GitHub

1 Like

Wouldnt mind seeing a response to this myself, currently fivem is the only thing forcing me to use the trash fire that is windows.

1 Like

Not likely to happen now or any time in the near future.

None of it was and still is. None of the Wine, DXVK or Valve-trash maintainers seem willing to have this implemented either.

In addition to that, core anticheat functionality is basically never going to work on ‘Linux’, for it is a hellhole of incompatible distros and kernel config flags.

This discussion keeps coming up time and time again from people feeling ‘hopeful’ that something ‘changed’ when nothing changed at all.

We can’t ‘magically’ implement this when core primitives we require don’t exist on your holy ‘Linux’ platform. No amount of begging will change this, either. Not on our side, not on DXVK/Valve’s side.

Go work on the Wine/whatever codebase to implement this functionality yourself if you so much want to see FiveM work there.