Analyzing Game Data

HI, So this is an odd one,

Since the 15th I have been experiencing long boot times, I have figured out the issue and it is as follows,

The “Citizen FX” folder in the Roaming folder in the appdata folder is the source of the issue, when you clear the folder of its contents, the load time is instantaneous. HOWEVER If you go into the fivem settings on the main menu and make changes for example enabling the “Fix UI Lag” setting and restart fivem, the load time will jump back up to 3-4 minutes from the 10 seconds it normally takes. Hopefully someone from FiveM can get back to me on this as it’s a pretty annoying bug and I know a few others are having the same experience.

• Issue resolved with nvidia graphics driver update 1. 496.49
5 Likes

Sounds like a quite weird issue, you will probably need to provide a etw trace.

I have looked at this and I have no idea how to use it lol

It’s relatively simple, after downloading go to bin and open ‘UIforETW.exe’.

After you do that startup FiveM and click ‘Start Tracing’ and let it record for 10~ seconds.

After that, it will tell you the file address that it put the trace into (like C:\Users\Skaggs\Documents\etwtraces\), after finding it, compress it with 7z as it will drop the size quite a bit, and then upload it.

Yeah but the problem is when you Disable the NUI for the GPU, you’ll notice that the Text chat Box doesn’t open up immediately. But when you Enable the NUI for the GPU. Then you run into the issue with FiveM doing the whole “Analyzing Game Data” thing for almost 20-30mins before you can actually do anything. I believe this might be the result of the most Recent fiveM Update. I just want the Devs to fix this issue, It will make alot of people happier.

I legit got so sick of it i reinstalled windows

so in reality there is no solution to this until a “patch” is implemented from fivem?

1 Like

From what i’ve found over the last few days, no, And unfortunately i don’t know how often these bug reports get looked at :frowning:

That would be my Understanding. The more Reports they get about this issue on the Forum, the more likely they’ll fix the issue. or Pray and hope that when the next update(s) come out, that this will fix the issue. I think something in the Coding works or something got screwed.

So the only temp fix i have at the moment is every time i launch my game i delete this file:

Win + R
%appdata%
Roaming
CitizenFX
fivem.cfg (delete this file)

In doing this your fivem will disable the ‘UI lag’ setting which you can re enable then you will have to change your in game key binds each time the file is deleted. Its a pain but it works for me!
Hopefully a fix comes soon!

I wonder if there’s any way to get fivem’s attention, this seems to be getting worse and worse and spreading to more people.

“FiveM” is aware about this issue and investigating it. Sadly there’s no any reproduction ways and this makes investigating process difficult.

1 Like

Hello,
As mentioned by Disquse, we’ve been made aware but are unable to reproduce the issue yet.

We would be pleased to have more information about the PC hardware you’re using, especially GPU model and vendor.

Regards,
Titanium

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response on this topic, My specifications on hardware
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-9400-F @ 2.90Hz overclocked > 3.6
16GB DDR4 Ram

I Reinstalled window to see if it would fix my problem, at first, it seemed to fix it, however the Analyzing Game Data screen wait time has increased to 40+ seconds now and is increasing daily.

This issue only started on the 14th or 15th of this month, So if any updates were made during that day, it may be the source of the issue, I would ask if it’s possible to test out the old versions BEFORE the 14th of this month to see if it is a version issue, if at all possible.

Thank you

Do you have ENBSeries installed or similar D3D proxy DLLs?

Also, to the people above, ‘attention’ won’t make any bug get fixed especially if it’s not reproducible, however actual reproduction steps or memory dumps (if not for a crash, one from Task Manager on FiveM_GTAProcess.exe: right click in the Details tab, then Create dump file) might.

Current canary has a different means of implementing the ‘fix UI lag’ setting, if you could try to see if it also works to fix UI lag without causing this issue that’d be appreciated.

Hi There,

I do not have ENBSeries installed, nor the D3D or DLLs.

Also, the canary option worked. I was able to enable the “fix UI lag” setting and am not facing load time issues.

Can you confirm it also doesn’t have slow NUI stuff when at 100% GPU usage?

My GPU is not hitting 100% however I did experience a small but of UI Lag

It appears under 100% load UI lag does happen