A way to find slow resources

Recently more and more players join my server at the same time and I have notice that the server hitch time skyrocket so much that lag is noticeable ingame and the console has alerts about it until eventually the server crashes. I have tried to use the profiler but everything seems fine . No picks on the cpu or anything abnormal. So my question is there a way to find out which resources lag the server the most . I should also mention that my server runs on a Linux based vps with 8 cores of r7 3800 and 8gb of ram

Update to a newer server version.

v3264 and higher has Resmon and NetTools embedded in a GUI similar to how the client does.

I currently run 3270 but how can I access those tools. Also does resmon show client side times or server side

You can’t unless you update your server version - and I might say, 2270 is quite antiquated!

I meant 3270 sorry(I finally got it right xd)

Are you on ZAP, dedicated, or a VPS?

Something between dedicated and vps

If you have access to the server console, run svgui in it. This can be done in txadmin, too.

Once that’s done, on the machine running your server, you should see this

Then hit Tools > Resource Monitor > Time%.

1 Like

Does this work on Linux. Also what do you mean you can run it in txAdmin as well(just tried to run it in the console of txAdmin and it says aknown command)

1 Like

I honestly have not the slightest, but we can try.

If your linux is a GUI install, hit the Tab key in the console. It (should) print out a list of registered commands. Scroll to the S’s and see if there’s any sv* without an underscore there

Problem is I only have ssh access to the machine at this point in time . Is there a way to use that or should I install a graphical interface and a desktop environment

Honestly, I’m no expert on linux so I can’t answer that.

Did you run profiler on the server side? You’ll have to modify the link to view it since you only have SSH access, but it’s simple enough.

1 Like

Yeah I have run profiler on the server side with txAdmin nothing weird there either

I’ll sleep now and ill be back in like 7 hours . Ill check the svgui for linux and if I must ill setup a vnc gui

Define “wierd”.

It can be complicated. Do you know how to read it?

If you’re really far against it, you could create a basic resource to benchmark them and print the results using os.clock() and events.

Using SSH is no different then being at the terminal of linux, you do not need a desktop environment, plus the vps probably wouldnt allow it to happen.

so no svgui in Linux?

this is what i consider normal

what?