A PSA on Steam identifier support

Is this the Reason why I keep getting a steam authentication error HTTP 429?

And How long will it take to get this fixed?

I need an Answer ASAP coz I was about to Launch my Server for Testing then A 429 Happened any help I could get?

1 Like

A single point of failure which FiveM controls? Not to sound ignorant, but what is wrong with that?

Geuinenly curious.

fivem%20error

Is this also due to the steam problem? or something else?

1 Like

I closed the validation in esx, but after entering the game, I found that all scripts requiring steamID could not be used. Does this mean that ESX is about to exit the market?

Do steam licenses change on reinstalls and does it work if you buy gtav not through steam?

1 Like

19 posts were split to a new topic: Using the Steam API key manually on the server

How long will it take to get fixed? @FiveM?

That can be a good thing. Time to make a new system without all that essentialMode stuff. That was great until the switch to Nosql…

1 Like

We Have a launcher that works with steam identifier, now how can i get r* license with c# in propose to re-build my launcher?

Does anyone know if this applies to a fairly basic fx server? My main concern is I run vmenu and it uses steam identifiers but also uses license identifiers too. I havn’t had a problem logging into my server the last few days and there seems to be other players connecting. I was online with 7 people last night and everything seemed to work fine. I assume vmenu is using the license if steam is having problems? I can still use admin only commands in vmenu so I am fairly certain this is ok? The other thing that worries me is in my server cfg the only way admin is identified is through steam like this:
#add the admin to the group
add_principal identifier.STEAM_“my steam id”

Should I add another identifier in the cfg such as the rstar licence like vmenu uses? I don’t necessarily need steam do i? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

FOR ALL YOU
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

simply change the code to detect there discord

add_principal identifier.discord:(discord client id) group.admin

Thanks for your reply. I actually don’t have any admins in my sever.cfg besides myself. The admins/mod’s I have besides myself only have permission in my vmenu permissions file which uses both steam and the rockstar license. Vmenu seems to be working fine so is this necessary to do this change in my server.cfg for anyone but myself? Could I use the license like Vmenu does? I feel like the license might be better as discord could make changes like steam did so I don’t love the idea of using another third party.

Discord won’t do anything changes like that, as all it’s doing is running your client ID, discord doesn’t do any authentication process, im using all discord besides my banning system which bans there license.

Why has there never been a login form on servers ?
Since GUI is used a lot, we can just make a registration form and generate a unique identifier ourselves no ?

Doesn’t work like that fella

And why not ? How does it work then ?

Part of the issue, security-wise, is that by the time the form is available, the player is already loaded in and can exploit the server. The combination of steam identifier and game license is that although both can change, you can combine the two to keep bad actors from ever loading into the server in the first place.

1 Like

Oh I see. That makes sense. Thank you for explaining.

:mascot: