xnCayoPerico (smooth Cayo Perico transition) [Free]

You need to add +set sv_enforceGameBuild 2189 into your serverstarter.bat file, not the server.cfg.

So, me and a friend tested this quite a bit yesterday and we found that it’s not 100% perfect. For instance, if one person goes to Cayo first, and then another player goes there too after. The map often won’t show for them (they see some grass but that’s it). For some reason, the first person that goes there, it always works. But sometimes the second person won’t get to see the map.

No errors, logs, or anything to show anything.

i am using run.sh to run the server

That’s super weird and also very confusing haha. I’ll look into it and see if I can replicate it.

1 Like

in console says also Started Resource Island
why? my server is set to the 2189 dlc …

Same, found any fix for it?
EDIT: Nevermind i followed this: Enabling the island on build 2189 and changed my server artifacts to 3336 and added the +set sv_enforceGameBuild 2189 along with swapping to Canary and that resolved my issue in case youre still having it :slight_smile:

Having one issue though, after the transition it looks like this towards LS:

Floating trees etc, any ideas why?

I’m assuming you have some sort of custom map that isn’t unloading, you’d probably have to add any custom ymaps to the script to load/unload when needed. You could add them to the cayoLODs table up the top of the script

I had the same issue, I flew there with a buddy and he didn’t see it, but I did. He did see the low LOD from LS, and the animation/camera thingy.

The other thing I noticed is that when you die at Cayo Perico it sends you back to LS, it plays the animation/camera thingy but doesn’t change the LOD, meaning you’ll be in LS with the low LOD and Cayo Perico is still high LOD.

1 Like

That seems like something more people would need to integrate into their own death scripts, this is why I included events for checking when in Cayo Perico.

Nice work!

Some of my friend fall out of the vehicle when you transionen to the island or the main island.
Hope you can explain why…

1 Like

Same here and some more issues, like Cayo sometimes not loading or LS map. Transition is glichy when not playing solo.

What do you mean swapping to Canary?? I am having this same issue…

There seems to be a problem that when you use vMenu teleport the island won’t spawn in anymore. (Still doing some testing will update on later)

It seems to be only the vMenu teleport that is broken, since online interiors teleporter script did not brake the island spawning. Also a game crash occurs at times saying it has a problem unloading game files!

xnCayoPerico.zip (149.9 KB)

Here is an update guys. Fixed a few bugs and things people had concerns with. Tested several transition scenarios with a friend and it seemed fine. Fixed snow from showing when at Cayo Perico. Made the pause menu map centre when on the island and other smaller fixes here and there.

Also added a couple of config option up top of the script.
disableRadioInCP will disable the radio while in Cayo Perico. Default is false.
expandWorldLimits will expand the world limits to prevent your vehicle from dying when too far out. Default is true.
drawCayoBlip will draw a blip visible on the pause menu map for Cayo Perico to make it easier to find when the weather isn’t clear. Default is true.

2 Likes

Hey! Your work its so incredible and it really works good but I have a problem, since I added Cayo Perico, my map its undiscovered and when I go to the esc menu the game stops like if I would be in ofline GTA, do you know why?

Thanks!

Edit: The first 15 seconds it goes well but then If I am in a car it deletes the car and the map gets blank with blips and when I go to the pause menu It literally pauses the whole game. :frowning:

Second Edit: My ID is literally ID 0

That sounds like you have something else going wrong somewhere else. Nothing in my script can cause that to happen.

Okey thanks :slight_smile: it started when I implemented the 2189 version to my server I think.

What artifacts version are you using? Im using the version 4162.

Other edit: I switched to the normal gamebuild and its all fixed how can I use the 2189 build with no errors? :thinking: