Wont start on linux!

I just started dealing with linux Fivem on my server. Last night, the server worked just fine as vanilla with no 3rd party addons.
now i installed 2 resources, and had to change the perms of the FXServer recursively in order to make directories, and now im getting this:

I didnt change any of the files around, i didnt move or delete anything. i dont know if this is related to the permissions or not…

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

You are launching your server from the wrong directory, please follow the instructions on https://docs.fivem.net/server-manual/setting-up-a-server/

i did. i did the setup exactly as it says to do, im running the exact same bash command too on that page, i did that exact same command last night and it worked. this time it doesnt (i am replacing the “username” part by the way)

i also reinstalled fivem and im still having issues mate. how im i apparently doing this wrong when i followed the guide to a T and it worked fine last night?

Notice the second line in your second screenshot and the >couldn’t find resource sessionmanager

What command are you launching your server with?

i fixed it for the most part. I moved the contents of the server-data folder (i.e resources, server.cfg etc) into the server folder that has the run script.

it launches now but the issue is, it says server could not be found. I did “Sudo ufw allow 30110/tcp” ( and /udp) and then sudo ufw allow 30120/tcp (and udp)

i dont know why it all of a sudden refuses to work right this time…

it says couldnt authenticate with nucleus. are the servers down again?

nevermind again, made a new key and stuff and it authenticates but still cant find the server. i literally havent changed anything since last night

Okay, I rebooted my linux VPS, and now I’m getting the original error again… what the fuck is is going on…

me too, when i setup mysql-async on server cfg, i cant join my own server, stuck on handshaking with server, but when i didnt setup mysql async at server cfg, i can join the server. wtf whats going on, help me

1 Like

ya so for me, when i setup a vanilla stock fivem server with no resources, i can load into it and the fivem client is able to find the server. once i start adding stuff it cant be found by the ip after its sent out like 5 heart beats. whats going on???

change ur mysql-async, i dont why, i think its caused by newest version of ubuntu. just download mysql async 3.1.1. all problem solve

so this is what i noticed. i reboot the linux VM right, and i start the server. it works fine, i can join. but if i stop the server and start it again, it wont be found / not joinable, i presume it closes the port 30110 after the session stops… cause it did this similar thing on a fresh install of FiveM i have whatever ports i need open on the firewall

im using CentOS8 right now by the way

standby i know the problem!!! when you do ctrl+z to “stop” the fxserver bash script, it doesnt automatically kill the process running on portid/udp i found that out by doing fuser -k 30120/udp and got the following response back:

tl;dr, doing ctrl+z to exit out of the bash process doesnt close the process from that port, so, restarting the bash script starts it ontop of an already still running process using that port so it conflicts with itself and doesnt work. it requires the user to manually kill processes running on that port.

any way to get around this little issue?

yes, use ctrl-c, not ctrl-z? wtf

Oh okay… thank you. I’ve always used Ctrl Z for all linux things to stop a command from running. Like for instance if you did a command to ping an IP it would just keep pinging it packets until manually stopped, which would be ctrl+z to do so. I didnt know about ctrl+c, so thank you! Much appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.