[WIP] Map editor for FiveM showcase

Hello everyone. I decided to make a map editor a while back and I think it’s at a stage now where I can showcase it. It is still work in progress ATM. But once it reaches a usable state I’ll be releasing it to the public.
I hope you like the editor. And as always I’m waiting for your feedback.

Video link: https://youtu.be/Kep1G8MB7Ak

Things on my near future to-do list:

• Add support for peds and vehicles
  • Add ability to save and load maps under a few different formats.
  • Possibly create a new format specific to my map editor and a map loader for it.

Things on my not so near future to-do list:

• Add ability to create moving doors
  • Add ability for attaching entities
  • Categorize props, vehicles and peds and clearing out LODs and invalid ones.
11 Likes

Nice! Will this be an open source resource where people can contribute to it freely?

Im waiting!!! Nice job!! Love this alrdy!!

At first I don’t think it will be. But eventually after I get the code well organized and documented and get familiar with github I’ll open source it. and thanks for your feedback

@Lannebro Thank you.

1 Like

If you need some help just hauler. This script is at the top of my wishinglist right now. Have some great ideas i wana implement in the server. I spawned npcs at a certaint place. But really wana move it onto a abject or a vehicle. However, vänt get vehicles to perm spawn. Thats why this is very interesting för me. Keep up the Good work. Surely wana be the first to try this!

Good job, when will you release it?

Unfortunately exams took most of my free time but they are almost over now and I should finish working on this soon. Thanks for your interest

I can’t wait! This script will be perfect to add little things to the map. One question though, does the objects save after a restart? If so, then does it save in a .txt, .json, or into a database?

Currently it saves the objects into the commonly used .xml format and you need to load the objects on your own. But I’m planning on making a separate resource that automatically loads the .xml maps.

Oh nice :slight_smile: and thanks for the quick reply! I hope development goes without any more issues! :slight_smile:

is it released already i want this :heart_eyes: !

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with your map editor. I am making a series of zombies modifying the map with MAP MAKER an old map editor scrip and modifying it whole to make it work more or less with all the objects in the game. But it bugea a lot and gives vast problems, I would like to know if by chance you could help me with your map editor. Here I leave the sample of my series. Thank you

This is awesome! :slight_smile:

Incredible!

Is this still in progress?

1 Like

where to download?