Windows "Scale and layout" feature and 4K Monitors

Environment questions

GTA V version: Latest
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Epic
Windows version: Win 10 Pro 21H2 (Up to date)
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications: Ryzen 9 3900X, RTX 2080 Super, 32 GB RAM, 4K Monitors 28" (3840x2160)
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): No crash about this
logs/CitizenFX_log files: /
.dmp files/report IDs: /

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
FiveM components do not scale using windows “Scale and layout” feature, it is making it really hard to see elements in the F8 Console or minicon logs (also, I see that the fix for NUI elements font size is to use vh (as did in the chat resource ), I don’t really like having to do this, but it’s another issue)

As FiveM uses chromium, shouldn’t the text scales well like a browser can do ?
Here is a text size comparison with a browser:

What are you trying to do?
See FiveM content the same size as everything else on my PC, Steam scales well, also the FiveM HUD text ( FiveM* (b612) (Canary) ) scales well and every gta components too.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?
Zoom in with the “Scale and layout” windows feature, Recommanded by windows is 150% and I personally use 175%

What did you do to get this issue?
Get new 4K 28" Monitors for my setup

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful!
Any of them, I’m pointing FiveM ui elements, but to be precise, I went to my local server

Question
Would it be possible to make FiveM NUI and other components support Windows Scale and layout feature? Or a workaround for it? The text is really small compared to others and is really hard to read.
Also, making FiveM support it would fix a lot of UI, like runcode for example:

(Again the text is really small)

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

No, and this wouldn’t be desirable either. For one, you’re conflating ImGui stuff with NUI, the former is on the todo list to add some sort of resolution scaling, and the latter can’t be changed compatibly at all, as some things people use (things that try to align with the radar, or some weird uses of cfx-game-view) would break if the viewport size would be virtualized, so even any other similar option (such as a virtual 1920x1080 texture getting centered and stretched/shrunk, as that is what common ‘bad’ scripts expect and would fix a lot of other resolutions and the radar thing as well, and is also planned sometime) would need to be an opt-in.

Also, note that games do not ever use OS scaling settings - doing this in a game context would actually be unexpected behavior: most games indeed do the equivalent of this ‘vh’ thing, and this is also expected to be done for any NUI stuff as seen in the chat resource and the main menu UI.

The way you’re nitpicking ImGui stuff (this had scaling but it became unreadable on small screens so this was backed out) and runcode (hasn’t been updated in years) which are both developer tools is also a little bit unfair. Any other bits that actually are end-user facing (such as the main menu, which you forgot to mention entirely) handle weird resolutions just fine.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer!

My bad, I assumed the F8 console was not NUI but I had no more informations.

Ok, I just thought that it would scale like a web page does in a browser. I think this should be specified somewhere in the documentation for people to take this into consideration. (As a developer myself, I never found this information about using vh/vw even for text sizes and all, because I assumed it would work like in a browser. My bad if it is already mentionned somewhere)

Sorry, I just wanted to point out things that were directly related to cfx team/repositories. I personally use these developer tools all the time, that’s why I wanted to point them out.

Yes my bad, I only wanted to point out things that were not as I expected to not fill the topic with “useless” informations. I can however confirm that this menu scales well. Like the hud does:

Can I have an idea of how far this is in the todo list? I would really appreciate it.

it should be on the canary channel as of now.

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s scaling fine!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.