[Windows 3184 artifact error on startup]: Error: Assertion Failure: instance.GetRef() (C:/gl/builds/....)

Hello,

I tried to update my windows development server to latest recommended 3184 version, before testing it on my linux production machine, and it gives me the following error on startup:

I have also to deactivate windows defender because with it I cant even uncompress the file.

Any knows what happen? I have FiveM on other hard drive, not c:/

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Same error here.

Can someone explain what’s happening?

Fresh server install with Artifact and CitizenFX

Any news? Still with same issue on newest Win versions

We have the same error and I’m looking for a fix for this. If we come closer to figuring it out we will let you know.

We uninstalled windows and reinstalled it and it seems to be working fine now. It seems to be that windows update we think? There are a few other things that it could have been but it seems to be working fine now.

Of course I’m not going to reinstall my windows to try… That shouldn’t be the solution. Thx

You know, providing some more info would help, what you’re saying means basically nothing at all and it doesn’t happen for most people.

Can you specify what information would be relevant?
I use windows 10 - 64 bits, all I do is rename the FiveM core to ‘server-old’ and bring the new core to ‘server’, to execute it from the desktop in a .bat file, with some convars.
I attach a new capture with information about the convars, I don’t know what else to contribute because the error does not indicate anything else.
Now the antivirus is not jumping me as in previous times (with this artifact), the only thing I know is that the path it points to on disk C: / does not exist on my computer.

Tell me what else you need and I will answer you with pleasure.
A greeting.

Once you click OK does it then generate a dump file?

I think I remember that in the first attempts a file was generated in the repository of the data folder (server-data), I remember it because I had to delete it several times when doing commits.
Now with the recommended version 3184 I have not been able to make the file appear, but I have succeeded with the latest version (3218).
With this version it even opens a new terminal that I had never seen before (with same error), and generates an imgui.ini file with the following content:

[Window] [Debug ## Default]
Pos = 60.60
Size = 400,400
Collapsed = 0

[Docking] [Data]

I don’t know if it will be relevant. Tell me what you need.
a greeting

Same here…

If I run my boot file as admin, I can delete the error, and server try to start but not finding sessionmanager, server.cfg… If I run it as admin it have the original path on C:/, but my fivem server is on D:/.

I tried to make changes in this file and paths, or executing directly in CMD but give me same results, error on server.cfg or same first error.

I have the same assertion failure error, up until I want to say build 3046 it is fine, after that assertion failure, server won’t start.

As I told you, if you run the server as administrator, that error disappears. I have not had time to test, but I am almost sure that it is a problem of paths and the way to run the server.
The official documentation in this regard does not help anything, it is outdated, point 7 of the installation in Windows should be tested and corrected.
a greeting

What? It still works fine for most people, no clue what’s going wrong with you folks to have that error.

I double checked an running the boot file as admin hasn’t resolved it for me.

Yeah idk. I did see some people in the cfx discord asking about it but nobody had a solution so they never got any answer. My assumption at this point is there is some compatibility program on the server itself, since it seems to do this with all the fivem servers I have tested from our dedicated machine, but can’t seem to figure out what is causing it. If there is anything that may help you help me figure this out since it’s driving me insane.

I just wanted to update the artifacts… AND IT JUST HAPPENED TO ME! I tried to update VC++ and everything, but it still doesn’t work.

Yep, if you have no idea, imagine me … xD I just did a new clean installation following the 7 steps indicated in the documentation for Windows, and the error remains the same. I do not do anything wrong because I have already done it many times, it is not complicated to follow the steps … Whether it is some internal software or hardware problem I do not know, I will try to do exactly the same on my laptop and I will confirm you soon.
Thank you

EDIT:

Sorry for late response but solved in laptop and also in computer with issues, it was a problem with D: volume on windows… I changed server installation to C: and was solved.

Where do i found d: C: and :S i don’t understand what your are saying… lol
In what path did i need to change that?