Why people delete the server cache folder?

I’m close to the v1 release of fxAdmin and people keep asking me for the automatic deletion of the server’s cache folder before starting it.

I never had cache problems and had to delete it.
Is that really a thing or people just do it because they heard it helps with something because of reasons?

There used to be a less reliable algorithm for determining files were changed, which would consider certain means of changing files unchanged.

This has been fixed for almost a year now, and even before that fix it never really made any sense to do, since only a very particular order of events with changing files would lead to changes not applying.

Thank you for the response.

So… I will not add this feature since it’s not necessary and actually quite dangerous if not configured correctly.

1 Like

Hi there, in my case when i added a new custom ymap where i had before another ymap makes sense to delete cache files so the old ymap goes away. If i dont delete cache files of the ymaps it would still load the old one if its in cache @tabarra

This shouldn’t be the case if you stop, restart, or start your server because the cache files should be overwriten… I think anyways I have done a lot of ymaps, and had to replace a ymap in the same stream folder after a server restart the cache was overwritten