Why are we still using ZAP Hosting?

I’ve never heard good about ZAP Hosting, so why keep it? They’re interface and support leaves a bad taste in new player’s mouths when it comes to trying to host their own FiveM server and having to pay $5 for 1 server boost.

I honestly think that Cfx should start selling their own hosting, especially since they just been bought/recruited by Rockstar Games. And for the record, I would love to be a part of achieving this and help maximize profit for Cfx.

And if you disagree, please elaborate and provide valid points why you disagree.
I’m actually curious on people’s opinions about this and want to know what other people think.

1 Like

And I know… I understand that removing ZAP and starting their own hosting and services would be big and tedious but I think at the end of the day, it would be more benefital for Cfx with having them run their own compared to another company running it.

Hey,
Zap Hosting and Cfx.re are like business Partners so Cfx.re makes Money too when you buy something FiveM related I would assume. Also building a Hosting Company from Ground up is a very big moneyloss, because of Infrastructure Costs and everything and so many people choose other Hosters so why should they move everything from there to the new Hosting Company thats likely to get to expensive to keep up yk. But yea Indeed Zap is not the best and since they implemented their Payed Support, the normal free Support got worse because they don’t make extra Cash with it.

Hope I could help you somehow with my opinion. It was more the top of the Iceberg but should be still good enough haha.

I think that the future of FiveM is based on its own hosting, now that Rockstar Games is also in the game. At the latest to SixM (GTA 6) the whole thing will be integrated and my theory on Rockstar your server, whether this is good now everyone can decide for themselves. I think that especially to SixM the system will look so that either the hosting will always be at Rockstar Games and we load our scripts on it or we have the decision between Rockstar Games hosting or own, but we will have disadvantages with own hosting.

But to Zap hosting the good thing about Zaphosting is that it is very beginner friendly for especially non-developers and I call it beginners who have never had much to do technically. You click a button and you can log in via TxAdmin and the server is started as if by magic. The problem there is the performance, they have dedicated servers and run many of these servers on it each on their own ports. For development and testing it’s no problem, but when 200 players on a server is the shared performance shows very well, which is then simply crap.

Also, don’t forget that you don’t have full access to the whole server. So, you need to pay extra for slots that are free on self-hosted platforms. If you ever accidentally put a sketchy script on the server with an SSH backdoor, you can just reset the whole server because you don’t have any SSH access yourself. Additionally, I heard they use FTP instead of SFTP, but I’m not sure if that has changed. They do that too with their Minecraft Servers and make everything free behind a paywall and expensive af.

You all do realize that FiveM is owned by ZAP, right?
It has been trademarked by them quite long ago.

Who knows how that might change with the CFX/Rockstar partnership, but we’ll see.

In the meantime, you will just have to live with it. The easiest way to circumvent this: Get a proper VPS or dedicated somewhere else and host your server there.

1 Like

It should probably be clarified that the FiveM trademark is owned by Zap.

As for “why”, it was talked about before, they were the first ones to come to them to ask.