What VPS should I purchase?

So I plan on buying a VPS to host a FiveM role play server, and I need opinions if I should go more expensive, or more cheap but still powerful.

Here are some of the specifications + price I am looking into.

Intel Core i7 7700K Servers

Intel Core i7-7700k 3.6Ghz (3 Cores)
6GBs DDR4
Up To 500 GB NVMe (Storage)
($15.00/mo + Tax)

Intel Core i7-7700k 3.6Ghz (4 Cores)
8GBs DDR4
Up to 500 GB NVMe (Storage)
($18.50/mo + Tax)

Intel Core i9 9900K Servers

Intel Core i7-7700k 3.6Ghz (3 Cores)
6GBs DDR4
Up To 500 GB NVMe (Storage)
($20.00/mo + Tax)

Intel Core i7-7700k 3.6Ghz (4 Cores)
8GBs DDR4
Up to 500 GB NVMe (Storage)
($26.50/mo + Tax)

Or if you know server’s that are very good, and cheap please let me know.

– Raccoon

Heya Raccoon,

This question is sort of like asking “How big of a bucket do I need for this job?” . It’s unanswerable because we don’t know what job you’re trying to do. 50 or 500 resources? No custom maps and cars or 100 custom maps and cars? Do you plan on hosting around 20 or 200 players?

With that being said, if the server isn’t easily upgradable(as in your host shuts down your server, adds 2 GB of memory or 2 cores and 1000GB to your storage) then you should go with the most expensive appliance that you can easily afford and call it a day. All of us can tell you what we run successfully but it means absolutely nothing because we’re not hosting the server you will be. You may be trying to run 100 unoptimized scripts, in which case you’ll need a monster of a server to get through those terribly slow loops that your scripts use. If that’s the case, you’ll needd much more than anyone here would think to suggest.

Whatever you choose, welcome to the world of hosting a FiveM server, it can be a lot of fun.

1 Like

I plan on running scripts that are very well optimized, so I can keep the server as smooth as it can be, also I plan on 64 players, and maybe between 50-150 resources.

I would go with at least the better i7 offering. With FiveM, cores are king, the more you have, the more tasks your resources can complete concurrently. Also, if you plan on running Winblows, you’ll want that 8gb of memory just to keep the OS happy while your server does it’s thing.

1 Like

Oh god Windows :face_vomiting: I prefer Linux over Windows anyways.

1 Like