What native is used to draw this kind of marker on an entity?

I’ve tried the drawMarker function but I don’t believe that it is the correct function as it requires a static location and the marker shown bobs up and down while moving with the entity. Is it an undiscovered native by some chance? It allows to be placed on objects, peds, and vehicles and the color is customisable as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

The bobbing up and down is a parameter for drawMarker, same with the color settings. The marker is just drawn at the coords of the vehicle + some offset.

Just an pseudo code how you could achieve that.

CreateThread thread... {

bool markerExist = true
	Vector3 offset = new Vector3(0f, 0f, 1f) // base offset to place over the car

while (markerExist && DoesEntityExist ...) {

wait(0)

Vector3 position = GetEntityCoords...

DrawMarker(position + offset ...)
	}
}

You literally dont need to reinvent the wheel. As the guy above said. There’s a parameter in DrawMarker() you set to true and it will bounce. Lol

Oh well I didn’t know this :stuck_out_tongue:

But now i see it’s the param bobUpAndDown :laughing:

1 Like

Got it working! Thanks guys!

A Preview of it on YouTube

A little bit about the script. The Merryweather guys in the video were spawned in using the MENYOO trainer. They were also part of the SPOONER_ENEMIES relationship group. For my script I checked every ped in the world to see if they are part of the SPOONER_ENEMIES group…if they were then they get a marker + a blip.

The vehicles are different. I checked if the vehicle was locked for the player, if it was then a marker + a blip would be added. The marker’s position also depends on the type of vehicle it is to avoid clipping issues.

Citizen.CreateThread(function () -- Markers for peds

enemies = GetHashKey('SPOONER_ENEMIES')
	while true do
		Citizen.Wait(0)
	if InMission == true then
		for _, ped in ipairs(GetGamePool('CPed')) do
		local pedrelation = GetPedRelationshipGroupHash(ped)

if DoesEntityExist(ped) and not IsEntityDead(ped) and pedrelation == enemies then
			local pedpos = GetOffsetFromEntityInWorldCoords(ped, 0.0, 0.0, 1.8)	
			DrawMarker(20, pedpos.x, pedpos.y, pedpos.z, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 180.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 255, 0, 0, 50, 1, 1, 2, 0, 0)		
			end		
		end
		end
	end

end)

Citizen.CreateThread(function () -- Markers for vehicles
	while true do
		Citizen.Wait(0)
	if InMission == true then
		for _, veh in ipairs(GetGamePool('CVehicle')) do
			local doorstatus = GetVehicleDoorLockStatus(veh)
			if DoesEntityExist(veh) and not IsEntityDead(veh) and doorstatus == 3 then

if GetVehicleClass(veh) == 15 or GetVehicleClass(veh) == 16 then
			local vehpos = GetOffsetFromEntityInWorldCoords(veh, 0.0, 0.0, 3.8)	
			DrawMarker(20, vehpos.x, vehpos.y, vehpos.z, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 180.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 255, 0, 0, 50, 1, 1, 2, 0, 0)		
			else
			local vehpos = GetOffsetFromEntityInWorldCoords(veh, 0.0, 0.0, 2.3)	
			DrawMarker(20, vehpos.x, vehpos.y, vehpos.z, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 180.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 255, 0, 0, 50, 1, 1, 2, 0, 0)			

end		
		end
		end
	end

end

end)

If you don’t care about any of this but want the marker code, here it is

while true do
			local yourentitypos = GetOffsetFromEntityInWorldCoords(yourentity, 0.0, 0.0, 2.3)	-- Change 2.3 to your liking (requires trial and error), this is the height at which the marker is above the entity
			DrawMarker(20, yourentitypos.x, yourentitypos.y, yourentitypos.z, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 180.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 255, 0, 0, 50, 1, 1, 2, 0, 0)	
end

Scripted in LUA

1 Like

Please share the solution or mark the helping anwser as solution