Weapon Metas

Hey all,

This resource allows you to edit all player and vehicle weapons’ meta files. This can be used to change damage, damage types, ammo count, defaults, camera angles, aiming, recoil, weapon effects, smoke effects, disable combat roll, change reload speed, etc.

Editing a weapons meta is an easy and optimized way to balance weapons for your server. Here are a few examples of what you can do:

Change how sniper rifles work: I’ve removed the sniper scope, added third-person aim, added third-person focus zoom, added recoil, lowered bullet speed (to simulate projectile fire), lowered first-person FOV, added first-person ADS, changed first-person weapon offsets to fit the gun properly for first-person ADS, etc.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Change how shotguns work: I’ve edited the default pump shotgun to work as a less-than-lethal bean-bag shotgun by changing the bullet type, lowered the bullet count to 1, increased accuracy, lowered bullet spread to 0, balanced force applied, balanced min and max force applied distance, limited the distance to hit to only 10 meters, changed damage type to that of the stungun, changed the damage over time to 7 seconds (how long your character is tased), etc.

You can change them however you want!

The version I’m releasing here includes the original GTAV meta files, fresh and un-edited for you here:
CyCoSnag/snag_weapon_metas(github.com)

I will be re-releasing this later on as a paid resource with balance changes more suitable in a role play server. This will include the sniper and less-than-lethal changes showcased here.

Installation:
Unzip the resource.
Put the resource into your servers resources folder.
Add the resource name to your server startup config.
Modify the resource to your liking.
Start server.
Enjoy!

8 Likes

In the future, you shouldn’t be uploading .rar or .zip files to Github - see other resources. It makes it impossible to view your code without downloading it.

1 Like

I know, but GitHub only lets you upload 100 files per repository, and this resource has a total of 126. The only way to get around this is to compress it to 1 file.

1 Like

It’s 100 per a single push - not in total, so upload 60 with your first batch and the other files with the other one. GitHub Desktop is a good app to do that

Has this been thoroughly tested with onesync?

Can you modfy damage, weapon flags, reload speed, etc and see them stick in a onesync server?

Many a server previously has not been able to get clip size and reload speed to update correctly, while damage seems to be okay.

UPDATE: Just tested it an ClipSize doesn’t work. Is there some missing research, or an extra step I’ve overlooked?

ThanksI I didn’t know this, so I googled it, and tons of sites said the only way around was to compress it. The repository is updated so you can see code now.

1 Like

It’s changing the base game meta files, so it should work standalone.

When you modify the clip size, you’re actually modifying the base weapon with no clip. In the attachments, remove the clip by setting it to false and you’ll see the clip size you changed it to. Equip and un-equip your weapon to refresh attachments.

1 Like

ahh man wish I had this when I started out, super useful! grabbing all those vanilla files is a pain lol.

Good on you man, thank you for releasing this.

1 Like

What a nice sexy man

‘( OwO )’

Fantastic :smile:

You are a legend for this.

Do these files solve cheats made with citizen files?

shivers in fxmanifest

1 Like

To an extent, I imagine it could. You can disable player weapons and vehicle’s weapons.

How does one go about just fully disabling these vehicles weapons? as plenty of weaponized cars are sweet to be used but the weapons are annoying.

The easiest way I’ve found is to change the vehicle weapons name. This replaces the original metafiles from GTA, so if the vehicle uses VEHICLE_WEAPON_TANK but you’ve changed it to something like DO_NOT_USE_VEHICLE_WEAPON_TANK, the vehicle will not have weapon metadata on entry. I’m still testing this though, so I’m not 100% sure, but it should work like that in practice.

Hey I have an Issue where the metas only take effect if I restart the script? I tested it on a cleaned test environment with nothing but vmenu and had same result.

1 Like

Attach: I’ve got a post here about what we are trying to achieve.

For anyone who stumbles across this thread in their endless search for answers.