We are looking for new txAdmin Recipes!

Do you have a creative open source project or framework that you believe servers would enjoy using? Turn that into a txAdmin recipe!

What are txAdmin Recipes?

Recipes are YAML files that describe to txAdmin via tasks how to deploy a FiveM server: from downloading resources to configuring the server.cfg file.
With them you can go from zero to a fully working FiveM server in less than 60 seconds!
Check out this example of how to deploy a PlumeESX server: https://youtu.be/iGfwUCO0RZQ
Recipes are a great starting point for new servers.

Why build a recipe?

• Your recipe may be chosen to be featured on txAdmin’s Popular Template list!
  • Active maintainers of recipes may be eligible for the FiveM Element Club Platinum :star2: perks (currently the top Patreon tier) through the Contributors Program!
  • Share your work with thousands without any barrier of entry! As of the publishing of this post, there are currently 3257 servers online deployed with using txAdmin recipes.
  • On the technical side, this is somewhat comparable to Docker files, you can make sure things will “just work”, without complicated tutorials. So this is useful even for private servers where you have to share with your developers a complete server, or put it into a repository to keep track of what is changing on the server.

How to get started?

What’s on the roadmap?

• A fully automated deploy process via CLI. You just set the recipe file path, as well as the required variables, and you can get your server running without any user interaction .
  • Adding git capabilities, adding the ability to clone private repositories with --depth=1.
  • Many more quality of life improvements to the recipe engine.
  • Tell us your feedback! We’re happy to hear your thoughts and ideas.
25 Likes

Alright, count me in! I’ll be sure to look at this after I am off of work.
Are we allowed to specifically develop and curate resources for the sole purpose of creating a nice recipe? Or, do we need preexisting resources? Also, what’s the deadline for this?

4 Likes

You absolutely can make custom resources!
For instance the PlumeESX has a custom loading screen, and the QBCore is basically entirely “a new resource” created by the same creators of the recipe.

Feel free to let your creativity shine, even if it includes writing resources that require a recipe to be used.

1 Like

What if we already made and contributed? Do you still get the perks? Since my role currently is only to maintain plume

4 Likes

Hoping to have a custom framework I’ve been working on finished in the next couple of weeks and I’ll create a recipe for it then. Things are going a little bit slow as I’m really trying to keep everything free of any dependencies (So far, so good)

6 Likes

While you are willing to keep the recipe updated & bug free, you may be eligible for the perks.

3 Likes

Already intended to put something I’ve tinkered with into one. Great incentive to keep it maintained once done for sure!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.