vRP_ChatRoles (With permissions & groups)

Hello, couldn’t post this one in the correct section today either… (someone fix) ^^

Well this is a script for vRP (edited for dRP).
This script is a chatscript with roles.
Pretty simple one but very usefull and cool!

PERMISSIONS:

owner.chattitle
admin.chattitle
mod.chattitle

There is also 3 other groups that is:
- COP
- EMS
- FIREFIGHTER

Those 3 ranks goes after vrp/cfg/groups.lua and not a permission.

INSTALLATION:

1. Drag&Drop into your folder [system] (if it doesn’t exist then create it), inside your resource folder.
  2. Add the line: start chat (into your server.cfg)
  3. Add the permissions above into your group file (vrp/cfg/groups.lua)
  4. Start/Restart your server.

NOTE
Stop all your other chat scripts in order to get this to work to 100%!

DOWNLOAD
chat.zip (126.1 KB)

EXTRA
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/PhilipTheBoss321/
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/CyJEVaT

Have a wonderful day! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you panda!!! going to put this in stead of running rolesFX <3

1 Like

Could you pretty please post a screenshot of what it looks like in chat? Thanks.

I dosent work for me?

I get errors, and no TAG in my name?

Error running system event handling function for resource vrp: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: modules/group.lua:135: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'string.sub'
        modules/group.lua:135: in local 'f'
        [string "-- Proxy interface system, used to add/call f..."]:39: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:173>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:173: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:138>
Error running system event handling function for resource vrp: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: modules/group.lua:135: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
        [string "-- Proxy interface system, used to add/call f..."]:39: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:173>
stack traceback:
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:173: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:138>
stack traceback:
stack traceback:

Is it possible to fix this?

It works all fine by default, either you have another chat script enabled or you’ve messed something up. Follow the guide, step by step!

Would love to see this compatible with vrp localcchat :star_struck:

I am also getting an error like Rindes’.
Please help!

who no screenshots ???

I added the permission but nothing appears in the chat. Also, do you know how can I do my chat transparent instead of that blue box?

1 Like

Anyway to add in an event handler for when someone joins the server? I just want it to say “So and So joined.”

Still having problems?

How can i make to see id after rank/name

I actually am if you are available. I can’t seem to get this to work at all. Even with the default groups and default script setup…

This script is no longer supported, it probably will be supported later on, I haven’t developed vRP for about 5 months. Not sure if the script still works or not.

1 Like

Still works wonderfully. I messed up my chat and had to redownload. Works flawlessly. I changed it up to hide the mis typed commands with random “You fucked up” messages :smiley:

1 Like

Hello i have a question. I’ve installed the Plugin yesterday and the System send my Message 2 times. One time from the Plugin with Owner and the other from the normal System. Knew somebody how can i fix this Problem?

Your issue seems to be that you got a duplicated chat script, what I really mean is that you got two scripts that is both doing the same things.

How can i fix it? i don’t know the Setup of Dunkos vRP. I tried to deinstall the Chat Folder in the Folder of the Main System but after i delete the Folder the Whole Chat goes away and i can’t anymore :confused:

Why i get this error?

Error loading script sv_chat.lua in resource chat: sv_chat.lua:1: attempt to call a nil value (global ‘module’)
stack traceback:
sv_chat.lua:1: in main chunk
Failed to load script sv_chat.lua.
Started resource chat

I’d too
Do you fix that?