Voice Chat Auto Moderation

THIS IS THE OLD FORUM POST, AND THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE ARE SEVERELY OUTDATED. FOR THE NEW ONE, VISIT HERE: [EASY SETUP!] Voice Chat Auto Moderation V2 [Voice Recognition for Mumble]

Hey guys! This is probably one of the coolest scripts I’ve ever made, but sadly, it does require quite a bit of setup for it to work.

What is this script?
This is NOT a resource, it’s a Python script that will connect to a custom Mumble server (In this case, Grumble) and record all voice chat data. It will then transcribe that voice chat data into text, and check it against a list of words that you don’t like.

(NOTE: ONLY TESTED WITH MUMBLE-VOIP ON WINDOWS x64)

Setup:

Dependancies:
You will need to download these before anything.

1. Download the Grumble server and put it in (SERVERDIR)/Grumble Build Image/grumble
  2. Create a bat file Build Grumble Image.bat in (SERVERDIR)/Grumble Build Image
  3. Copy and paste the following into the bat file:
git clone https://github.com/mumble-voip/grumble.git
cd grumble
go get mumble.info/grumble/cmd/grumble
docker build -t mumble-voip/grumble .
  1. Run the bat file
  2. Create a folder named “Grumble Server” in your server directory
  3. Create a bat file Start Grumble Server Port 64738.bat
  4. Copy and paste the following into the bat file:
TITLE Grumble Server
SET mypath=%~dp0
docker run -v "%mypath:~0,-1%\Grumble Server:/data" -p 64738:64738 -p 64738:64738/udp mumble-voip/grumble
  1. You should now have a functioning Grumble server in your FiveM server.
  2. To use this custom server, put MumbleSetServerAddress("SERVERIP", 64738) into any client script, or use the config values associated with changing the address with whatever voice script you use.
  3. Check if the Grumble server is working. (IMPORTANT)
  4. Install the python modules:
pip install pymumble
pip install vosk
pip install discord_webhook
  1. Follow these instructions to download the Opus codec on your system
  2. Download the script from here
  3. Create a folder called “Mumble Bot” and extract the download into it
  4. Download ffmpeg from here and drag and drop ffmpeg.exe into the Mumble Bot directory
  5. Configure the Discord webhook and the bad words to be detected by modifying DalraeMumbleBot.py
  6. Run start.bat and Start Grumble Server Port 64738.bat and it should now log all bad words into the Discord webhook.

This is EXTREMELY beta, and I probably got one of the steps above wrong.

23 Likes

This sounds sick! Nice release.

You are crazy man, just WOW! Thank you so much to share this work, hope will be easy to setup :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing release!

Please make support for salty chut! You are crazy dude! <3

1 Like

dude ! you are sick bro ! thats all i can say :smiley: nice work ! what languages does this support to detect ? also can i remove the detection part and just save the talks in the server into a folder ? or it has to detect smt and then record ?

1 Like

i think u are god, good release dude <3

free
some people really do have a special place in heaven

2 Likes

“paid”
Some people deserve a special place in hell xD

4 Likes

Is it possible to work on Linux?

Yes it should actually be much easier to install the Grumble server on Linux too (I would follow grumble’s official installation instructions however)

How does it work with other languages?

It should work if you use the correct model. As far as I know, it’s not possible to detect multiple languages at the same time
Here’s the models available with Vosk: VOSK Models

1 Like

Oh wow, very cool release and smart developer

First of all, this looks amazing and it’s something really useful but everyone should be REALLY careful with this, it’s VERY intrusive and you should warn your players if you’re going to run this, a big warning saying their voice is being recorded continously, this might be just a game for some but if you’re from Europe you should be even more careful with current laws.

With that said, this is something incredible and if used correctly can help a lot to have a great community, well done!

Absolutely. I should have definitely mentioned this, but due to COPPA laws, this is completely illegal to be used on children under 13.
Theres also many laws requiring consent from AT LEAST one party in the recording, so it is good practice to have a confirmation dialog on your server before using this.

3 Likes