vMenu

@SALSRP Repeated sending of messages isn’t going to get you a response from him faster, especially for a resource that he has VERY CLEARLY said isn’t supported or developed anymore…

That being said, what you are wanting to do is VERY simple.

1. Add the roles you want to Discord Ace Perms’s server.lua.
  2. Add the principal inheritances either in your whitelist/perms file from DAP or to the permissions.cfg for vMenu (I did mine in vMenu’s permissions.cfg. You MUST follow the proper format for this.
    add_principal highest.group secondhighest.group
    add_principal secondhighest.group thirdhighest.group
    etc…
    Then any perms listed in vMenu’s permissions.cfg that you want to set for your staff levels, just change the builtin.everyone, group.admin, group.moderator, etc… to the group name you have set in DAP.

For example, if you have a tmod.group in your DAP (and listed in the inheritances) and you want to allow all staff to use no clip, you would change the line for noclip to read:
add_ace tmod.group “vMenu.NoClip” allow

Since the inheritances allow higher groups to inherit the lower rank perms, setting no clip to the lowest staff rank will allow all the higher staff to use it as well.

Thanks For The Warning But I Still Don’t Understand, I Have All The Needed Roles For The Sync Completed And Added Into My Server’s CFG File With The Resource Permissions. But I’m Asking How To Get The vMenu To See The Groups Avalible On The CFG File And Use That. Please Help Me!!

Hey, when i set things to not allow for everyone and set them up for .admins , when i remove me as admin i see that i can do anything, i mean its like in fact i didnt change anything :confused: why is that happening?

How can I add tuning to my addon car? It’s just that when I enter the “Vehicle mods” or “Mod menu”, not all the items are there and they do not change anything. help, plsss!

It doesn’t open, after everything I try.

@SALSRP As long as you have DAP setup and working, vMenu will see them. The vMenu permissions file is essentially no different than the whitelist.cfg (or whatever you called your file for setting other perms in DAP). The main thing you need to do in vMenu’s file is set the roles to the role titles you established in DAP and be sure to set the inheritances as I indicated in my previous message. Assuming you are not using the group.admin and group.moderator that vMenu has setup stock, be sure to remove references from them and replace with your new role names.

How do you actually get the time and weather to change? I have it enabled in the config but even when I spawn in there is no way to change it… I have even tried making it so it automatically makes it 2300 when I spawn in and still nothing

Thank You So Much!!!

I Have One More Thing Though. For My FiveM Server I Don’t Use Steam ID’s. I Use Discord For Permissions Instead, So Say I Made A Donation Role In Discord For Access To The Super Menu. How Would I Make That Happen?

@SALSRP Is only donors getting access to supers? Or will staff be allowed access as well. If only donors, then just create the donor role, add it to DAP, then on the line for supers in vMenu’s perms file, change builtin.everyone to donor.group (or whatever you call that group name in DAP). If Staff is going to be allowed access to supers as well, do all the above the same, but also on the bottom of your inheritance line, add
add_principal loweststaffrank.groupname donor.groupname
(again, replacing those examples with the actual group names from DAP) This will allow your staff access to the donor stuff if you want. If ONLY donors will be able to get supers, then just don’t do the part about adding the principal inheritance.

@Awestruckpurple Have you made sure to set a role to be able to change time/weather? Also, if I remember correctly, vMenu alone won’t actually sync time/weather. Be sure you are also running vSync

I cannot get vSync to work. I’ve tried using my steamid and my IP4 and it still says I don’t not have permission to change the time or weather… is there a different way to get it to work with zap-hosting?

@TTVResqDiver1317 I was able to get vSync in and somewhat working. However when I go to change time or weather it says it was changed but it does not actually change… Any ideas how to fix that?

@Awestruckpurple I’m not sure. Check towards the top of vMenu’s permissions file and ensure you have:
setr vmenu_enable_weather_sync true
setr vmenu_enable_time_sync true. In my perms file these are lines 23 and 39 so check in that area. Beyond that, it’s possible you may have something else interfering with the sync. Did you use the auto install feature with ZAP for vMenu? If so, there is no telling what it does with perms (you couldn’t pay me to use ZAP so I’m not sure what they do with the configs).

vMenu v3.3.1

Note before updating

Ignore this part if you’ve already upgraded to v3.3.0-pre, skip to the Changes (summary) section

SQLite support has been dropped. This caused too many crashes and was completely incompatible with recent (Linux) FXServer artifacts.
The new ban system uses the default server side storage built in to FXServer. To migrate (copy) your old vmenu_bans.db or bans.json file, follow the following steps. If you don’t have a vmenu_bans.db file, and only a bans.json file skip to step 2.

• Step 1. Upload your vmenu_bans.db file to here, and place the bans.json file you get here: /resources/vMenu/bans.json
  • Step 2. Update to the latest version of vMenu, start the server and type vmenuserver migrate in the server console. This may take some time depending on the amount of bans you have stored. ONLY RUN THIS COMMAND ONCE, OTHERWISE YOUR BANS WILL BE DUPLICATED
  • Step 3 Make sure the bans are imported by joining the server and checking the banned players menu. After that, delete the bans.json and vmenu_bans.db files, as you’ll no longer need them.

Changes (summary)

v3.3.1 changes

• Added drawing of Network Owner of entities to developer tools. PR by Explooosion-code.
  • Fixed and added missing street wheel options in the Vehicle Options mod menu.
  • Slightly alter the vehicle options menu layout to have the most commonly used features at the top.
  • Enable follow-cam mode in NoClip by default and fixed issues regarding this follow-cam mode.
  • Change how noclip handles the speed modifier, this now calculates the speed properly, regardless of FPS.
  • Cleaned up old/unused code.
  • Add 15 missing mpsummer 2020 DLC vehicles. (Only available if the server streams them or if the server enforces the new game build)
  • Updated MenuAPI
  • The vehicle spawner menu now shows some experimental vehicle stats when selecting a vehicle.
  • MenuAPI small performance improvement. PR by blattersturm
  • Some more fixes for the (not yet released) import/export ability for vMenu.
  • Improvements for working with OneSync/Infinity. PR by blattersturm
  • Added default radio station when spawning a vehicle. PR by Explooosion-code

v3.3.0-pre changes

If you haven’t updated to v3.3.0-pre yet, read this part as well before updating to v3.3.1

• New bans system. The JSON and SQLite implementations have been removed.
  • Fix death notifications & restore appearance on re-spawn bugs.
  • Some WIP NUI features, not yet available.
  • Some deploy config changes for AppVeyor.
  • Missing 1868 (and some -not all- 2060) DLC vehicles added.
  • Add support for game builds 1868 and 2060 by adding the new vehicle class and vehicle wheel type options.
  • Fix vehicle wheel type list bug.
  • Rework weather and time options, note that the convars (config options) for these features have been changed!
  • Experimental feature: add support for addon weapon components, untested. This is a new section (weapon_components) in the addons.json file.
  • Fixed a bug which caused some vehicle modifications to apply incorrectly when spawning a saved vehicle.
  • Updated CFX dependencies.
  • Update MenuAPI dependency.
  • Merge a bugfix PR which adds additional checks before locking personal vehicles using the remote options.
  • Merge a bugfix PR which addresses an overhead player names issue.

convar changes (permissions.cfg):

Removed options:

• vmenu_allow_random_blackout This feature has been removed.
  • vmenu_smooth_time_transitions This feature has been removed.
  • vmenu_bans_database_filepath All SQLite/bans.json options have been removed.
  • vmenu_bans_use_database All SQLite/bans.json options have been removed.

Added options:

• vmenu_blackout_enabled This allows you to set the (default) state for blackout mode.
  • vmenu_sync_to_machine_time Allows you to sync the time to the server’s real system time (the custom in-game hour duration setting will be ignored if this is enabled and you won’t be able to change the time manually).
  • vmenu_weather_change_duration Allows you to configure how long weather changes take.

Changed/renamed options:

• vmenu_default_time_hour has been renamed to vmenu_current_hour
  • vmenu_default_time_min has been renamed to vmenu_current_minute
  • vmenu_default_weather has been renamed to vmenu_current_weather

Addons.json changes

A new section has been added for weapon_components in which you can add the names of addon (streamed) weapon components, note that this is untested. They will automatically be matched for compatible weapons and appear as components which you can toggle in the weapon options menu.

Download

here

2 Likes

Im having a problem with my vmenu perms actually working with my zap hosting game server, i have everything set up properly, but it wont come off of vMenu default perms

Zap-hosting update automatic or manually?

i even put in an updated version of vMenu in my server, and it still wont work, can anyone try and help me?

I keep getting a tick time resource warning since last updated. Any suggestions to fix this?

How do I disable the spawning of specific vehicles through the vehicle menu? So I want to disable the spawning of an ambulance through vMenu what do I have to configure to do so?