vMenu

Did you restart the server when changing this? Because you need to reboot the server first.

of course cause i updated to newest version as well, but in the permissions file they come with the # in front.

Yes that’s because by default for most of the menus the vMenu.<menuName>.All permission is allowed, meaning all permissions in that submenu are allowed. So put a # in front of that line and then only remove the # from the lines that you want people to be able to use.

just saw it lol my bad i was tunnel visioned on the God line lmfao my bad.

1 Like

also if i deny permission will they not be able to see it? or will they just not be able to use it?

Most options will be hidden, but some will still show but with a :lock: icon in front of it.

sweet thank you for your time and support. as well as release <3

1 Like

i do have one suggestion, as well as a question.

suggestion, allow keybind to be changed via conf file or something and now question

{
“vehicles”: [
“addonvehiclename1”,
“addonvehiclename2”
],

Do i put the spawn name of the model?
say i have a addon thats a 2016 Subaru STI but the file name is 16STI do i just put 16STI there?

That’s already possible.
Look in the readme file (here: https://github.com/TomGrobbe/vMenu#installation) and go to point number 7 for instructions on how to change key binds.

The model name that you would use to spawn it using lambda/trainer v. So the actual model/game name yeah.

see there i go again not fully reading stuff lmfao my bad man, sorry for hassle.

Hello!

how can i get the car model name in the list instead of the spawn name?

2005 Ford Mustang GT - musty5

{
“vehicles”: [
“musty5”,
“addonvehiclename2”
],

Sorry if you dont understand me! :smiley:

The car’s “real” name should automatically display in the addons list, for example:

(The car’s name is “MUSTANG” and the model spawn name is “mgt”)

But only if you have your addon vehicle setup correctly. If it hasn’t got a display name or the name is “NULL” then it will use the model name as a backup display method.

so in the vehicles.meta it reads the file and gets the < gameName> < /gameName>

and displays it

had to add spaces for it to show

Not entirely sure if it reads that gameName field or if it uses something else, but it gets the display name from the vehicle yeah :wink:

Edit: It does pick that name first yeah. However if you use something like this:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
	AddTextEntry("0xAAA4E42C", "Mustang GT")
               -- ^ "mgt" hash  ^ name you want to show
end)

Then it’ll show that name instead.

Okay cause when i made my addons i made the gameName exactly what they are, also for adding a custom permission system dont i change

add_principal group.admin group.moderator
to
add_principal group.admin group.moderator group.leo

and then above that make a line to add leos like

add_principal identifier.steam:11000011410efea group.admin #Surge
add_principal identifier.steam:11000011410efd1 group.leo #RANDOMPERSON

No. You actually need to have that on another line.

add_principal group.moderator group.leo
add_principal group.admin group.moderator

https://gyazo.com/e5277a1c348e45e1e3161e415536b1a1

THIS IS HOW I HAVE IT NOW,

also whats the permissions differences between moderator and admin, admin can do everything mod can correct?

Ok nice! :smiley: Changed the name on 50 cars now! :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome i love the new update. This is insane. Thanks for your hard work. Much appreciated I have one tiny suggestion for your next update. Could you update The maximum number of character from 15 to 20-25 for saving names please :smiley: The best trainer menu ever. Thanks!

Maybe