Upvote System and Patreon costs

The “upvote” system is unfair. Paying to rank your server higher on the server list ruined the small servers. Basically a “pay to win”. I understand the need to finance the cfx.re project, but I think one of the reasons many people abandon their server projects is, in addition to the financing costs [VPS Hosting + Patreon], this payment classification system. Maybe the Europeans / North Americans with their luxury coins are not affected, even find it cheap. But a lot of effort is needed for the Latin American region that is undervalued to maintain the service. I propose a debate on this topic.

5 Likes

If a server offers unique features and isn’t just another ‘ESX RP Experience’, we do read and reply to pin requests sent to support@fivem.net.
So, if your server stands out we might pin it, in which case it would be above everything regardless of boosts.

7 Likes

You’re talking about a pay to win system. This is not correct.
Nobody has to pay to run a FiveM server or to play on FiveM.
There are plenty of large servers that have become large without upvotes.
You indicate that you need Patreon to run a server. That is also not true.
By subscribing to CFX on Patreon you are donating to the community and maintaining the project.
You’ll get rewarded wtih extras, such as EUP with more players, OneSync with more players and OneSync Infinity with more players.
It is your choice to host it on a VPS system. So that it costs money, you have chosen yourself.

FiveM is free to use and host.

Don’t want to donate to the community? You can always set up your own FiveM version by cloning the git.

The problems you have are not problems but choices you have made yourself.

3 Likes