Updatepackagefiletask

I’ve been looking around and i found this siren_script([Release] Disable siren-sound) that would turn of your sirens, but i never got it working even after doing everything the guides told me to do.

But when my friend loaded in the script to our servern we got this message updatepackagefiletask…

If there is someone out there willing to help pls do!

Thx in advanced Albin!

Have you tried deleting the server cache?

We’ve tried that but it did not work! thx anyways.

I’m pretty sure that this is normal for any new resource that is put onto a server. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but the siren script should work. “updatepackagefiletask” this is the server compressing the resource to be sent to the clients so it can be run on them, Have you tried the script in game at all?

You are correc @TheNeco. Also the default key to mute a siren with the script is G but maybe you have other scripts interfering just a theory.

I’ve tried it several times but when i press G nothing happens… it might just that be me but i’ve changed some things in the script taht were suggested bye people in the comments. Becuase i’ve tried both, the vanilla script dosn’t work bye it self and the modified does not work either.

So in the folder siren_script you have 3 files?
siren_script/__resource.lua
siren_script/siren_client.lua
siren_script/siren_server.lua

there i got them al.

I added the resource_manifest. should it b there?

the code for client.

code for server.

but the script still dosn’t work.

So in your resources folder on your server there is a folder called siren_script and all those files are in there?

we got several more scripts for the server and they are working just fine.

still how do you change the key…

This is what i’m getting in the ingame-console attempt to call a nil value on siren_client. so i guess there is the problem?

Where it says GetPedVehicleSeat on line 10 change that to GetPedInVehicleSeat
That’s your error. Try that and it should work.

thx for that! But it changes nothing. it won’t work…

Did it stop the error? Or is there another

I’m getting this now…

You only got that error cause you typed “G” into the console. So pressing g in a car with the sirens on doesn’t turn them off?

i’m pressing g while inside of the car but nothing happens. i accidentally typed g in the chat

Are the sirens on before you press G?

yes they are on when i press g