Updated minimap.gfx to remove health and armour bars?

Does anyone know of a publically available and up to date minimap.gfx that removes health and armour? All modified versions online seem to be using outdated versions of minimap.gfx that prevent the use of the newest blips.

I tried editing it myself with CS6, but couldn’t find the right elements to even start seeing how to remove/hide them.

1 Like

The health and armor bars can be removed with Lua code, not editing the .gfx files. See here:

Can be done either way, removing it by editing the minimap.gfx saves you the trouble of removing it every frame.

1 Like

The same topic that @_4iY referenced has a link to a modified minimap.gfx :stuck_out_tongue:

Although…

saves you the trouble of removing it every frame.

That’s not always a bad thing to do…
If the native is design to run every frame, then you run it every frame :person_shrugging:

1 Like

In the second sentence of my post:

All modified versions online seem to be using outdated versions of minimap.gfx that prevent the use of the newest blips.

Streaming an old modified minimap.gfx will not allow you to use any blips Rockstar has added, as it includes the blips from the game build of the time.

1 Like

So how do I make sure I have the newest version of minimap.gfx? It seems I can never stream the newest blips no matter what server build I am using.

1 Like

Someone would need to edit the latest version of it and share it. I’ve tried to do so, but there isn’t any clear guidance or information on editing this. Couple guides on scaleform, but nothing specific to editing the HUD.

1 Like

@Noor_Nahas @DaveGaffer here you go: minimap.gfx with the health/armour/ablity bars removed. Compliant with b3095 (Chop Shop DLC)

minimap.gfx (206.9 KB)

Just have to stream it in any resource.

5 Likes

Amazing!

Quite a few HUDs out there that will benefit from this.

1 Like