This update (for both FiveM and RedM) fixes a number of bugs, and contains a few quality adjustments. A summary of changes follows:
- Discord rich presence functions (using the SetRichPresence function) now overrides both the “details” and “state” fields. This can be used by adding a newline ("
\n") to your rich presence data.
- The game will now automatically verify game files (instead of crashing) if the contents of the
citizendirectory are deleted, without deleting the actual directory.
- Game window titles have been updated with consistent branding ("[project name] by Cfx.re").
- Memory usage for the Rockstar Launcher and Rockstar Service (“ROSLauncher” and “ROSService”) processes has been reduced by disabling some unneeded code.
- A popular crash in the ROSLauncher process has been fixed.
- The UI won’t hang anymore if the Matomo server is unavailable. This is a side effect of how Chromium/Blink loads “raw” script snippets, and couldn’t have been foreseen.
- Some old files shipped with the platform have been removed. These did nothing but take up space and memory.
- The game will no longer crash with an ‘Early-exit trap’ if there’s a connection issue.
- A few general cleanups to code have been done, this shouldn’t affect much of note.
- Another common case of
fetch-based resource downloading from the Chrome Dev Tools protocol by suffixing a
/has been mitigated.
- Additional verification for arguments to
consolefunctions in NUI to prevent a specific exploit.
- FiveM: ‘Flying out of the windscreen’ is now enabled for singleplayer/story mode again.
- FiveM: The uninstaller will now clean up the FxDK shortcut.
- FiveM: The game no longer crashes if trying to load story mode too soon after launching.
- RedM: Crash reporting is now enabled so the RedM development folks can check the prevalence of reported crashes.
- RedM: Debug symbols now include game function data.
- RedM: ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) has been enabled.
- RedM: A few requested pool sizes have been increased.
- RedM: The original name of a converted
.#drfile is now retained when ran through the asset converter.
- RedM: Instead of showing the Social Club email address in the window title, it now shows the Social Club username.