[UPDATE] jim-mechanic v3.1 - QBCore Mechanic Script

Everything works fine except for NOS?
Installing is no Problem, but cannot use is. The HUD is also not showing the NOS Icon.
No errors in Log - any hints?

Edit: Seems that qb-tunerchip need to be enabled!
Works now

1 Like

Hey I bought your mechanic script and it works fairly well tbh. I like being able to have customization etc :slight_smile: I do have one issue though that I can’t get figured out. So whenever I install a engine (of any type), turbo or transmission. I get in the car and it won’t start up. I have to use the /admin command or /txadmin to repair the car for it to work. I do check damage on it everything is at 100%. I damaged the engine and body etc to repair it and see if that would work (As a workaround). But alas it did not it repaired the damage but the car still fails to start. Like it just sits there as if it’s been damaged to the point that it can’t start.

There aren’t any LUA errors or anything. It’s really weird that only the /admin repair fixes it… Unless there is something I’m missing. Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile: Hopefully it’s just something basic I’ve missed lol.

That is a very weird one I’ve not encountered, there’s nothing…that I know of…that affects any of the health levels.
The only thing that comes to mind is the engine turning off commands, purely to be realistic

SetVehicleEngineOn()

You’re good :slight_smile: So we did find a workaround. Had to use the /engine command about 4 times and then it finally worked. It’s just odd that there are no errors that I could find. But I appreciate you! I’m just glad we have a non admin work around for it. lol

Very weird. I’ll look into if there’s anything I can do on my end for the next update

1 Like

Okay, i have another Problem :smiley:
Xenox could not be installed, no notification an no errors.
Maybe i missing some Script again for that?
When i am IN the Vehicle, it says i must stay outside. Outside nothing happens

There is a known issue with a couple that is being fixed in the upcoming update. Its to do with vehicle ownership I believe

If I’m right try this:

In xenon.lua delete line 26

if Config.isVehicleOwned then

and what was line 64, delete

end
1 Like

That was the Problem, thanks

1 Like

hey bud i bought your mechanic job but use MojiaGarages what do I have to change to use this?

I’ve never used that, but garages wise…there’s an update coming tomorrow for this script that requires a callback from qb-garages to determine if the vehicle is owned. That should be the only requirement garage wise. If your garage has a callback for that then just swap out those

I found the call back in the garage but don’t know what to swap it with?

When the update is out, you’ll need to replace it in that. But for now it should work without the callback

Ok I will just wait for the update its giving me a can’t load error in the console when I updated to that garage, it worked before. I change the manifest to reflect the garage but still didn’t work for me

1 Like

UPDATE v1.5:

• Fixed a missing loop for the modelnames, this fixes a repairing error (thought I caught them all…)
  • Fixed help info on /togglesound command
  • Fixed the completely broken vehicle ownership system, some were broken, and some were missing.
    • Every script has been altered to fix this adding a callback.
    • Cosmetic items are only called once when the menu opens
    • Performance items are called more than once for adding and removing
    • This can disabled through the config.lua BUT still adds a dependancy of qb-garages. (or atleast the callback that is used)
  • Added the ability to add mechanic shop locations for specific jobs
    • There are several new config commands, these can change how the systems work drastically
    • Toggles for when a location is required, if a job is required for that location or even if any player can customise things but HAVE to do it in a shop.
    • It depends on what is enabled and disabled.
  • New file locations.lua
    • This is your physical job locations, instructions on how to use are in the file itself.
    • Supports multiple job locations
    • Supports not requiring a job for the mechanic shop location
  • New file payments.lua and paymentservers.lua
    • This is a new payment script, if you have a different system for payments, you won’t need this.
    • Uses qb-input and repurposed events from qb-phone to create an invoice system for jobs
    • Commission becomes possible with this system through slight edits of qb-phones config.
    • Ticket system from my other scripts is an option, you only need to add one line to qb-phone’s client.lua
    • Option to add till locations usable with qb-target.
  • New /charge command
    • This is essentially the bill command but usable by all people specified by Config.JobRoles
    • This works the same as the till register system but is simply a command.
    • If you don’t want to use qb-target register systems, this is a viable replacement
    • This can easily be removed by commenting it out in paymentserver.lua
1 Like

we upgraded to 1.5 ive added a job, location, till for new location and it wont let us put the parts on a vehicle but it lets us use the mechanic tools and toolbox fine any idea how to fix this?

hmm. There could be a config setting wrong somewhere, I’ll dm you

also can we find another way to make the locations work i dont want the green polybox to show up all the time

(fixed this)

1 Like

The console sometimes it’s going way to high mate, any idea?
unknown

That fix is coming in an update very soon

My first attempt at polyzone (as I never needed to touch it before) was apparently stupidly laggy lol

Making sure it all works then I’ll put it out as a new version

UPDATE v1.6:

• Fixed a CPU leak with my terribly optimized PolyZone script, thanks to FjamZoo.
    • Your locations will be the same, you just need to move them around a bit in the locations.lua
  • Added blip system to the locations
    • Forgot about this one, but now available
    • Simple naming system, if no blip name is provided it defaults to “Mechanic Shop”
    • Included blip colour to help differenciate between locations
  • Fixed some issues with custom garage scripts
    • Add a built in callback that checks to see if the vehicle is owned or not
    • This means it doesn’t need to touch any garage system and removes the qb-garage dependancy