[UPDATE] jim-mechanic v3.1 - QBCore Mechanic Script

does this replace the default qb job or is this an addition?

Hey, i really love this script, the only thing that bothers me, you can’t easily add other jobs to it, which is quite sad, cause we have more than one mechanic job. That would be great, if you could add more more easily.

Other than that, it’s really well put together.
thanks for that.

This currently requires qb-mechanicjob (for the repairs and such) and other scripts

This is mostly a connecting script for them all and requires them running in the background to function.

1 Like

Working on it :wink:

gotcha i just bought all 4 of your jobs they all look great keep it up!

1 Like

UPDATE v1.3:

• Added Support for multiple job roles
    • “Config.JobRole” dictates what jobs will be allowed to use the items if “Config.RequiresJob = true”, otherwise it will ignore the job requirement code
    • Removed some unnecessary job requirement calls, these were hidden behind a job required menu
  • Attempted to make your character face the vehicle, so you don’t end up changing an engine while facing away from the car.
    • Thank the cats from the CatCafe for teaching me how to implement this.
  • Removed the double + incorrectly worded notifications when using items that would be removed or added from inventory
  • Fixed % numbers for extra parts on the vehicle
    • Un-comment out the exports from qb-vehiclefailure to enable damage to these parts
    • Make sure they match the name of the script used for your default mechanic’s job (qb-mechanicjob)

I’m sending out this update in the next hour. Instructions for updating an edited version are included in the install.md, I hope they help

Edit: Sent them out, everyone should have recieved them in an email from tebex

1 Like

It would be nice, if you can configure the articles that you want to be eliminated in the config.

What do you mean?

Like…the items you use? or each individual section in a menu

The easiest way is just to comment out the line you don’t want to be used

Otherwise I would need to rewrite all the menus to support the config…which may be done down the road if requested

is this encrypted with the escrow system? For instance, I use nh-context over qb-menu and would need to convert it myself (i much perfer it as it’s the original).

Nope its not encrypted, I believe people should be able to customise it however they want for their servers

Hey Jimathy I was hoping to find a discord to join to ask about this, but some of the options in the script don’t work, Like the tint, underglow controller, horns tires and a lot more, im not sure if i’ve done something wrong just wanted to get your input about it.

1 Like

I’ll DM you

1 Like

UPDATE v1.4:

• Fixed a bug, due to a weird FiveM native, when grabbing the model names it calls some incorrectly
    • eg. landstalker2 is called as landstlkr2
    • I’ve added loop events to correct this
    • If you have issues and there are some vehicles I missed, then check repair.lua for the debugging info
    • I’ve found imports don’t get their names correctly either, use the debug notification to find what it “thinks” it should be and add it to the config to correct it
  • Changed how the items menu’s call on the names
    • this goes along with the bug above but works as it is
  • Added a workaround for the “vehicleStatus” being nil issues
    • If the info can’t be found it forces a new setup of vehicleStatus
    • Until I can work out a better way, it forces the setup, alerts the mechanic then halts the command.
    • This makes it so sometimes you need to use the mechanic tools twice, but it alerts the user about it.
  • Repair costs are now based on vehicle damage with the config values being their max
    • For Example: If the engine repair cost is set to 10 and the engine is 40% damaged, it will cost 4 of the chosen material
    • These are still ignored if you set free repairs in the config
1 Like

I bought it, and i love it! - Maybe could u make a function so when there are a Mechanic on Job? they can`t use the customs. So they go to the mechanic instead. :slight_smile:

can u dm me too?

1 Like

I can’t physically disable the customs menu though my script.

But the easiest way to move/hide the menu would be to set its location as 0,0,0

Could u make like a inventory for the mechanics? where u have maybe 20 of turbo and when u have used them you have to buy someone home. so it gonna be more realistic

Where can we get the updates?

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean

Do you mean a store?

You should receive them in your emails. If you haven’t got one, dm me and I’ll send a new one out

1 Like