Unsupported CPU error with a Ryzen 7 5800X?

Dear all,

I was attempting to set up FXServer on my VPS, which runs with a Ryzen 7 5800X Processor. I downloaded the server files and the cfx-server-data and attempted to run FXServer.exe. When I did so, the following error appeared:
"The Cfx.re Platform Server requires support for x86-64-v2 instructions (such as POPCNT). Your current CPU (“AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core Processor”) does not appear to support this. Supported CPUs include most CPUs from around 2010 or newer.

The server will exit now."

Obviously the Ryzen 7 5800X is by far not an old CPU, and I am confused as to why I am getting this error. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this and get FXServer running?

Are you running FXServer on a virtual machine? VPS is a virtual machine, I can’t read.

Make sure your virtual machine/VPS is setup right to properly respond to these instructions.

I have made a ticket with the Hosting Provider and asked them if there is a way they can do something about this. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

they will change some settings in their virtualization and it should work then

The hosting provider made an adjustment on their end, it now works. Thank you @TheIndra !

1 Like