<Unknown Pool> Pool Full, Size == 6000

I’ve been doing some Dev work for a new server and while trying to organize the vehicles I came across an issue. I haven’t gone super debug mode and tried to find specifics but, it seems to crash you when a vehicle resource is in more than 3 sub-folders. My structure goes as follows. resources/[LawEnforcement]/[Vehicles]/[State]/MainFleet/
Now it’s resources/[LawEnforcement]/[Vehicles]/MainFleet/

Edit:
After making a fresh server the error stopped on most vehicles, but after we tried putting some new ones in that I know for a fact should work. They cause the client spawning the vehicle to crash and get the following error.

Still get the the crash, it’s not as often.
Capture

Any and all help on this would be great, Thanks!

UPDATE: I’ve figured out that If you have more than one subfolder while using a VPS to host your server you’ll run into caching and crashing issues. I’m not sure why it happens but after testing with several vehicles and several fresh servers I’ve concluded that you’ll only want to use one subfolder when organizing your server files on a VPS.

1 Like

Any more info to this? I’ve just started having this issue recently. I don’t have any sub folders for my vehicles.

Capture

Serious FiveM, I’m tired for getting this crash every time there is a update. But it’s not hard to fix this. Just set the pool size to 10000 and it will stop this crash from happened.

I was informed by a fellow Dev that addon vehicles are in categories. I’m guessing it’s in the vehicle meta. Anyway he said that when too many vehicles use the same category it will cause the pool size to fill thus crashing your game. @AgileCoast1 Setting your pool sizes in your files won’t change anything because it’s an unknown pool. It’s a server side problem not client side. (as far as i know)
I’ll do some digging when I get time and see if there is anything to the category theory. I’ve been working a lot and not had time to mess with FiveM so it might be a while. If I find anything I’ll update the post tho.
Thanks!

After some testing I’ve concluded that some handling files will cause this error. I was actually trying to put a pursuit type handling on some LEO Vehicles. The I made a change to a previously working vehicle and it caused the vehicle to crash with the kilo-march-papa crash code. For those of you that don’t know, That’s the legacy crash you get for the error in the original post. I’m continuously looking into it but it seems to be a problem with the handling meta or possibly the way the resource.lua is constructed. More on it soon…

Edit;
I found that one possible cause of the crash is wrong code in the __resource.lua I noticed that it didn’t look right so I changed it to the following code.

files {
	'data/vehicles.meta',
	'data/carcols.meta',
	'data/carvariations.meta',
	'data/handling.meta'
}

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'data/handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'data/vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'data/carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'data/carvariations.meta'

previously it was

files {
	'data/vehicles.meta',
	'data/carcols.meta',
	'data/carvariations.meta',
	'data/handling.meta'
}

data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'data/vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'data/carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'data/carvariations.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'data/handling.meta'

I’ve tested this fix on one individual vehicle and an entire pack. As of right now I think this could be the simple fix we’ve been looking for. I won’t make this the solution until anyone else has fixed this in the same way.
Thanks!

EDIT; Encountered kilo-march-papa again, Compiled this time it’s on one vehicle in a pack of 4… As of now I’m lost and don’t really know what’s going on. I’m not sure the protocols for posting my crash dumps but I’m going to upload all of them to here. If there is a different preferred way to show them then let me know… Thanks!
CfxCrashDump_2020_05_24_04_50_10.zip (1.4 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2020_05_24_04_43_03.zip (1.4 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2020_05_23_05_01_07.zip (1.5 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2020_05_23_04_53_32.zip (1.4 MB)

1 Like

i got that error when i added to my server.cfg sv_enforceGameBuild 1868 i stop that and it works just fine

I’m not too sure what’s up with it… I’ve branched off and started working on my own server again and haven’t encountered that crash since. Could’ve been something on their server that they did before I started working on it…

still looking for a fix myself. since my server is hosted through zaphosting i created a ticket to see if any of them know a fix. Best answer i can find is yours, there being to many handling metas in one vehicle category