Trying to open RedM, it shows a black screen as opening and then closes

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 version? Standard

Up to date? Yes

Legit or Pirate copy? Legit

Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam

Windows version? Windows 10 Pro

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes

Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3,20 GHz
16 GB RAM
GeForce 1060 3 GB

What did you do to get this issue?
I got RedM when it launched and was able to open it and even connect on some servers, but hasn’t logged in for months now. Now I saw that there were more RP servers stable and wanted to give a shot, tried to open RedM normally, never changed anything, and then it gives only this blackscreen as it is loading and then just crashes.

What server did you get this issue on?

Latest CitizenFX_log file [ 0] [ DumpServer] 20596/ DumpServer is active and wai - Pastebin.com

.dmp files/report IDs eceb90ef-affd-4951-ad04-e90944e80c9f.dmp (2.0 MB)

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot

RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to RedM folder C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\RedM\RedM.app

RedM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.
unninstalled and installed again several times; downloaded the installer again and again, tried the video solution.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Up

Still can’t open and it presents no error message.

I had this bug for a full day… What I did to fix this.
1- updated my drives
2- restarted my pc
3- open the rockstar launcher
4- launch redm
5- launch steam

when I was trying to join a server it was saying " could not find steam" so the problem at least for me was comming from steam. So when I was launching redm with steam already open it wasnt working. It would only do a blackscreen for a few secs and then close. So if you follow that order of opening the different apps it should work!!

I am having this issue as well. But I need steam open to access my own server. Even after the RedM client opens the server does not recognize I opened steam after launching the client, this the server says it can’t identify ‘steam’ and requests I close RedM. I don’t know if this is a issue with the server, my client or both. I tried to leave the steam Webapi key empty but I still get the steam error when trying to join the server without steam open in the background.

I’ve tried uninstalling and deleting RedM from my local roaming files and reinstalling it. No luck. Tried checking steam game cache integrity. Tried reinstalling the Rockstar client. Just one day the client is working and the next it doesn’t want to work with steam.

try opening redm and steam at the same time. Make sure both programs are fully closed with the task manager. When the redm loading is over launch steam. That’s what I do andit may take a few try before it works… its a weird bug and it’s the only solution I’ve found for it

Somehow I was able to open RedM with steam closed and only Rockstar Launcher open. After then I opened Steam. Now I need to try to join any server and I will update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.