[TOOL] Duplicated vehicle tuning kit ID finder

Mest3r Duplicated Tuning Kit ID Finder

Hi! This is a simple windows and linux compatible python code that scans the carcols.meta files in the cars folder.

If the cars are scattered in your resources folder, you can also choose the resources folder when selecting a folder, but that is the less optimized solution. If the code finds a duplicate tuning ID, it will print the ID and the location of the carcols.meta files.

I know there are many solutions to this little problem, such as using VSCode to open the folder with the vehicles in it, and then you can search in all the threads, but I think this is more convenient (at least for me, I’m sure) so I tought that I will publish this for you all.

Github

Preview

Download

9 Likes

Do we know if there is a limit on total modkit tuning id’s on the server?

To the best of my knowledge 1024 is the upper limit for tuning kit ids, but I’m not sure. I’m almost sure that some years ago I have read a lower limit of tuning kit IDs, but some GTA updates put the limit higher.

Need something like this for duplicated Handlings in the handling.meta’s. We’ve been working to clean up a lot of stuff and found some of our older addon and replacement vehicles that have their own handling, have handling files with all vehicles in them and just edited the appropriate one but the devs didn’t take all the others out of the file.

2 Likes

Hi! Can you try this? I put it together quickly so I haven’t tested it much, so I don’t know if it finds all the duplicated handlings.

1 Like

Probably up to 2000

1 Like

You are amazing. From what I can tell, this worked perfectly!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m happy to hear that! :heart:

Hello everyone, can someone explain to me what these files are? Thanks. I found some duplicates.

If there’s 2 vehicle with the same tuning kit ID, then you can’t tuning those vehicles. All vehicle needs a different tuning kit ID… carcols.meta files mainly to set vehicle tuning behaviors and siren behaviors if needed. This is not an accurate description of what the file is about, but it’s pretty much the general gist.

1 Like

Thank you man for the reply!

1 Like

love you bruh ! Thanks for release

1 Like

very useful thing

1 Like