Too big .yft file, how to reduce its size?

Hello,
I downloaded police ford interceptor but it crashes because police.yft is 17MB, I heard about splitting it via OpenIV but I couldn’t manage how to do it. Can someone explain me it?
Car: https://pl.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2017-los-santos-police-interceptor

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance! :smiley:

make resolutions smaller, and/or search google…

you are talking about .ytd and I’m talking about .yft file! Can anyone help?

1 Like

bump (20 characters)

If the model is not unlocked you cant do anything.

2 Likes

I don’t see why or how a .yft file could be over 16mb, but I do agree that the limitations on file size can be very annoying sometimes. I’ll look at the file and see if I can do anything for you.

Thanks mate, you can try the splitting method because it seems it will work but I couldn’t manage how to do it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah unfortunately it looks like the creator, POLICESCO, made a mistake when making the YFT or put too many objects in it. What doesn’t make sense to me is that the other YTD and YFT are both under 10mb (The YTD’s are usually the perpetrators, but in this case, the YTD is 3 times smaller that the YFT). Like @UltraSwift said, since the model in unlocked, we can’t really do anything to edit it. Sorry. Good luck in the future! :slight_smile:

hey can you help me with a ytf file?

1 Like

I can try, but I doubt I’ll be able to do anything if it’s too big. You can’t split YFT files, only YTD.

also do you know anything about removing other cars as bases such as a 19ram im fixing, it has a buffulo as a lower base and its attached to every thing

1 Like

The vehicle would have to be unlocked, and even then I don’t know how to do that. Sorry.

Have you considered that searching google is exactly what leads people to this post, meaning that this is redundant?

9 Likes

Anyone have a solution for this :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

i am having an issue with my silverado i made in zmod…
it is 15,992 and idk how to shrink it…
any help?

1 Like