To : Newcomers!

As many of the community is aware, FiveM is steadily growing in population and exposure thanks to fairly well known Twitch Streamers joining the FiveM community. Please take a moment to read this as a heads up and a welcome!

sanillove

Welcome!

First and foremost, welcome to the best Grand Theft Auto 5 multiplayer modification you could find. You will find quite a bit of information here on our forums! If you have a question that you’re unable to find an answer to here you’re welcome to join the Discord and chat with the community. You can find a link to the Discord on the main page of the website or below!

A Few Notes!

All the servers you will find here, on the FiveM platform are custom, some much more custom than others with a variety of resources from vehicles to jobs to locations. What this means is a few things, each client or players computer may handle things differently, so if your seeing a streamer having no issue loading all these resources, playing with 100+ FPS it does not automatically mean you’ll be able to nor does it mean you won’t be able to.

If you happen to run into an issue with a crash, please first take a deep breath - this modification is brought to you for free for your enjoyment and we (the rest of the community) will gladly help you if we can. You can find a lot of helpful information located in the #technical-support of the forums as well!

With that being said, if you have an error happen please be patient, courteous to those helping you and respectful and we will work with you the best we can.

Helpful Tips!

Anti Virus Software : Just a few things to keep in mind when getting started, third-party anti-viruses are the devil! Well, not really but they hate FiveM for some reason even though they’ve been contacted numerous times in regards to being falsely flagged. What is recommended is to disable/uninstall your anti-virus, FiveM is not a virus nor malware!

Steam : You’re welcome to play FiveM with any legally purchased copy of Grand Theft Auto 5, that includes Steam, Rockstar Social Club and Retail (CD Style) versions. What is best is to install Grand Theft Auto 5, load up GTA 5 until you can play GTA Online or Single Player for just a few moments. This ensures that your game is fully updated and functioning. Some servers, however, will require you to have Steam running in the background. This is for database purposes for things such as your characters (RP) or even playing statistics.

Open Source!

The wonderful thing about this project is it is open source! That means you’re welcome to check out what the :mascot: are doing behind the scenes to make your experience better. That also means that you’re welcome to make recommended changes through the GitHub if you come across an error that needs attention.

citizenfx/fivem

The source code for the FiveM modification framework for GTA V. - citizenfx/fivem

How you can support the project!

There are a few ways you can support the project, first and foremost continue to play and enjoy yourself and if you happen to come across a bug, error or hiccup - document said issue the best you can, compile screenshots, .dmp files, ways to reproduce the issue and other logs that the community can help you find so the :mascot: and Collective members can address them!

The other way you can support the project is through pledging monthly through Patreon. This keeps the :bulb: fed and the :bulb: for the Collective to feed the :mascot! By doing so there are various rewards that can be found on the Patreon.

Become a patron of The CitizenFX Collective today: Read 2 posts by The CitizenFX Collective and get access to exclusive content and experiences on the world’s largest membership platform for artists and creators.

Finding a Server!

The FiveM platform has thousands of servers for your enjoyment with various game modes from racing, cops vs robbers style and roleplay. To find a server of your liking, you can visit the #server-development:server-bazaar here on the forums or even check out the server web-list linked below. As stated above, each server is unique, with their own keybinds, rules and requirements.

https://servers.fivem.net

I will do my best to update this with information as somewhat of a “new comers guide” to help as best I can. If you have something that is a common question / concern feel free to leave it here and I’ll update accordingly. Please keep in mind, this information is provided off my knowledge of being a member of the community for the last few years and may not be the same as the rest of the community or of the Collective or :mascot:. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Enjoy!

PARTYSNAIL

6 Likes

Was reading about the antivirus software issue and I have to say, I have BitDefender and while it does read FiveM as a potental hazard, just a quick switch of the button and it has never bothered me again in 2 years. Just incase anyone is looking for a antivirus that works well with FiveM.

Nice post Hallux :smile:

Thank you for that, hopefully it continues to work well for you.

Hi.
I’ve payed for fivem membership on patreon 1 march, and i canceled today because i dont want to pay next month and after cancel i’ve lost my membership for license key.You get $ 30 where is my membership license

You get $ 30 where is my membership license

Hello,

Thanks for subscribing to the Patreon. It’s unfortunate that happened to you however, the best person to speak to is Patreon. Alternatively, you can email support@fivem.net for further discussion as I am not a member of that team.

Hi. I’ve payed for fivem membership on patreon 1 march, and i canceled today because i dont want to pay next month and after cancel i’ve lost my membership for license
key.You get $ 30 where is my membership license

Android için Outlook’u edinin

You must’ve failed to read my response. Go try again please.