"Timed out while waiting for ROS/MTL to clear launch" Error when running FiveM

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? 1.0.2189.0
Up to date? Yes, just reinstalled GTAV and FiveM
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Epic Games
Windows version? Yes
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)
Screenshot (7)
System specifications Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC, 16gb ram, 500gb ssd, 2tb hdd, mortar max motherboard.
What did you do to get this issue? Absolutely nothing, FiveM worked perfectly up until early January.
What server did you get this issue on? None as I cannot load up FiveM launcher
CitizenFX crash zip file
CfxCrashDump_2021_01_24_16_32_17.zip (969.8 KB)
CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX_log_2021-01-24T163343.log (31.0 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs
Crash signature: ros-patches-five.dll+803E1
Report ID: si-dc08a88f40414189a2ab20da163c7aca

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder C:\Users\riotr\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? None
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? N/A

Also add what you already tried so far.
I’ve tried reinstalling both GTAV and FiveM multiple times as well as verifying game files. Never had this problem and can’t think of anything that I’ve done to my PC that would cause this.
By the way I realise that this has been posted already by another user but I tried my best to provide more details into the problem. I’ve spent hours searching through YouTube and other forums for a fix but no one has found anything as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve also just tried excluding FiveM in Windows Security as others say it may work, but had no luck.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

(Screenshot of my Exclusions list at bottom)

I have a fix! Basically for me every time I open GTAV normally windows asks for permission. FiveM basically has a stroke when this happens and gives this error, to pass this I went into settings as follows…

Windows Security -> Virus and Threat protection -> (under virus and threat protection settings click) manage settings -> (scroll down to exclusions) add or remove exclusions

Now what I first tried was adding FiveM to the list, in my case the FiveM.exe was located at C:\users\riotr\appdata\local\fivem\fivem.exe
(make sure to add this file to the exclusion list as a start.

For me that didn’t work so I then tried adding GTA5.exe to the list (note that I bought my copy off Epic Games, this process should work for all since it’s a windows problem and not a gta problem.)

My game was found at: D:\GTAV\GTA5.exe

Also make sure to add this to the list as this is what fixed it for me :smiley:

If this didn’t work I also watched this video on cleaning up C drive, not sure if this would help but I did this too prior to adding GTA to the exclusion list: (12) How to Clean C Drive In Windows 10 (Make Your PC Faster) - YouTube

doesn´t work

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.