Texture Replace Menu - Replace any and all textures!

Hi there! Today I am releasing a Texture Replace menu I made awhile ago capable of replacing just about every texture in the game. This is useful for people testing textures, or just those who want to have a derpy experience with things. This process is done manually so you must be handy with OpenIV to find the textures you’re looking for.

How it works
To open the menu, type the command /TextureMenu

To replace a texture, you must first identify the texture dictionary and the texture name of what you’re replacing. Example; we want to replace the yankton plate, you’ll want to set the texture dictionary as “vehshare” and the texture name as “yankton_plate”.

Then we want to decide what texture we want to choose to replace it with. First option is a normal streamed texture. Say I am streaming a texture dictionary file named “newvehshare” and contains a plate called “plate_09”, you’ll set the new texture dictionary as “newvehshare” and the new texture name as “plate_09”, here’s what that looks like;

Now the next option is runtimes. Runtimes can be a variety of things; still images, GIFs, videos, websites, etc. So say instead we want put this image on our plate:

You will first check the runtime box, then place the image URL into the new texture name input. Afterwards, you need to identify a width & height for the image to fit. Here is how our example is below:

You are capable of replacing things like the skybox by first identifying its core directory. Since textures like these are called differently into the game, they are not as openly accessible as others. Textures like these are usually stored in platform:/textures/, platform being the core .rpf’s (in this case, x64a and x64v specifically) and textures being the folder directory to the file as shown below in OpenIV:

So lets say we wanna put another pog image into the sky, here’s how that would look;

MP clothing is possible to replace by identifying the dictionary the same way you would if you’re streaming clothes, but instead of a ^ its a / so example; if i wanna replace a jacket from the arena wars DLC, it would be mp_m_freemode_01_mp_m_christmas2018/jbib_diff_000_a_uni Here’s the example below:

Features

• Replace textures with streamed textures & runtimes & remove them in real-time

• Set replaces to show for everyone in the config.lua

• Save textures to load up when you join a server who has this resource

Bugs

• Running too many runtime textures may affect game performance along with slowing down other HTML processes such as chat, so don’t be stupid with it!

Video

Quick video of replacing the starfield.

Download

Don’t rename the resource, you’ll break things.

TextureReplaces.rar (15.5 KB)

17 Likes

It looks really good :fire:
Nice Work :+1:

3 Likes

Appreciate it, thank you! Hope you enjoy it!

4 Likes

This very cool bro, very good job

2 Likes

all people see that or only client?

1 Like

The ones set through the config file will show for everyone, but the script is all client side basically.

5 Likes

good job

2 Likes

Nice Work

1 Like

Hi there !
Thanks for this useful resource!
Is it possible to change custom textures? using resources:/resource/stream/ in textures dictionary

This one doesn’t work for me (

custom textures should just be defined as any normal texture. Nothing special needs to be done for that.

1 Like

Thanks !
But what path should i write in texture dictionary ?
using resources:/lc/stream/main, doesn’t work for me

You need to point it to your own textures

Thanks for replay !
I did it

This is path to ytd
stalin is the name of image i need to replace
And it does not work for me

using resources:/lc/stream/main, doesn’t work for me

just put in main if that’s the name of the texture dictionary. There’s nowhere in the post that says you need to identify anything with the directory resources:/

1 Like

Hi there !
Still same, can’t change texture (
I was using this :

File is located in resource cr2/stream/arz1tex1.ytd

hello, how can i make the command not avaible for everyone?

Is there a way to replace the moon too and not just the stars?