Text Chat is broken/Freezes Game/Doesnt Show

I load into my server, if you hit “T” you can only look around, if I restart the resource chat, i regain control of my game, I have deleted all of the resources [Gameplay], [gamemodes], [local], [managers], and [test] atleast 3 times, used a backup from my server from the day before it broke, and 2 months before it broke. Nothing worked, I deleted my cache from the Server, didn’t work. I re installed chat from the recent cfx server data on github, didn’t work. I have seen similar topics, no real/good answers that have worked for me, wondering if I can get some help.

(Other topics I am referring to)

[Server] Text Chat won’t show / is broken

Which chat resource are you using? Is it open source? If yes, I could look into the code.

The default chat resource that comes with an FXServer

Can you show me your start order from your scripts please?

1 Like

Sure here you go
(ensure chat is commented out to prevent people from softlocking their game, but if the chat wasnt causing the error, it wouldnt commented out

So the thing is, you should never remove the chat resource, it must be on, there could be some game breaking things. Maybe download it from the cfx-server-data folder again and extract it in there.

Thats what ive done like 3 times, i go the cfx server data github, unzip, take the chat resource, put it in my server, then start the chat resource, and when i hit t i can only look around

Try to put in the GTA V settings your mouse to raw input.

It isnt a client side issue, it is server side, when ANYONE in my server hits t, there game freezes and they can only punch and look around…

Then there is a other resource, try to remove everything and then test everytime one or two resources.

So its another resource conflicting with it?

I stopped all my resources besides the cfx server data resources, and when I open chat (hit t), i can only look around and punch…

Send me the file please.

1 Like

the “chat” resource? It is the exact same one found on the cfx-server-data github, I dont/didnt modify it one bit, just dragged and dropped into “[gameplay]”

Can you send me a picture of your server folders?

Airports Folder
Gamemodes Folder
Gameplay Folder
Local Folder
Managers Folder
Scripts Folder Part 1

Scripts Folder Part 2
System Folder
Test Folder
Vehicles Folder

it’s the fault of the fivem update it’s not your server’s fault, it happens on all servers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.