Stuck on Starting IPFS discovery when connecting to certain servers

Server Artifact Version:
Operating System (Windows/Linux): Windows
Error screenshot (if any):
Crash files (if any):
Server config (server.cfg):
Path to server files:
Path to cfx-server-data files:

Describe your issue I can load into RedM menu and look at servers, but when I try to connect to servers it does everything right, until I start connecting. First It verifys the game content with the “update.rpf”, than it says I have to update my game cache because the local redm game cache is outdated. I do it, than I get stuck on “Starting IPFS Discovery”, and boom. Its stuck. I’ve tried to let it sit but its literally just stuck. I am a computer noob, the deepest knowledge I have with computers is installing Minecraft mods and knowing how to run appdata.
What have you tried? I have tried getting a VPN, renaming my “update.rpf” folder to something else. Also cleared the cache files and such. Those were the only suggestions to the probelms I have. Please if anyone can help that would be wonderful.

You will have to let IPFS load. it is a 4GB download. it will act as if it is stuck but its not. The file that it takes forever on is the game folder file that is in the cache. I learned this from xpreciousgaming one of my friends. So far the quick fix is to download the game folder and add it into your folder. and bam done.
I have uploaded the file. for those who have this issue they can download it from google drive. Hope this helps.

[link removed]

1 Like

Uploading game files publicly is a bad idea at the legal side of the question. And please do not share such links via Cfx forum.

Also moved to client-support category, this definitely not a server related.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.