Stuck at Updating Game Cache

Hi, I’m trying to join a server and it goes well until the last Kbs of download. It stops like this and doenst progress. Fivem doesnt freeze or crash simply doesnt finish the download so I cant join the server.

Any help?

Mini Update in the problem

I researched and found that the problem is probably due to scanning for malware/virus, but I dont know how to turn it off. Anyone got any ideas?

Google knows all.

Least you can share when asking for things like these is what software you’re using

Kinda , thats where I found the problem , or atleast what I think the problem is … but now how to solve It i have no Idea because everything I found is how to solve it in expecific programs like google ,app store , etc… , no fivem.

Im just using the default windows 10 anti-virus , I think Is Microsoft Defender

That’s quite weird then - Microsoft Defender isn’t known to cause issues with FiveM. Still, I assume it should be enough to just whitelist your FiveM folder and its processes. If that doesn’t help you may want to temporarily disable the “Real time protection” (or whatever it’s called).

I’ve already tried to desable “Real time protection” and the Firewall and it didn’t work, I’ll try to put fivem and GTA5 in the whitelist and see if it doesnt run the Microsoft defender anti-malware and finish the download.

Nop, I whitelisted Fivem and still couldnt finish the download.

This Antimalware service keeps runing in second plan and I cant give it more priority or stop it ( acess denied )

is there now a solution to the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.