Story Mode no blips being shown whatsoever

Environment questions

GTA V version: Current
Up to date: yes
Legit or Pirate copy: legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Rockstar Launcher
Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications: AMD Ryzen 5800X w/ 128GB DDR4-3200 RAM & NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): n/a
logs/CitizenFX_log files:
CitizenFX_log_2021-06-20T180243.log (79.9 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs: n/a

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:

Filepath to FiveM folder: C:\Users*****\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot:

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Microsoft Defender (the one that came with Win10)
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? no need to do so

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? I don’t see any single player blips on the map at all and they won’t trigger whatsoever

What are you trying to do? When I go into say LS Customs to upgrade my car it doesn’t trigger the ingame shop and I end up driving directly into the garage with no one inside

What have you tried already to fix the issue? delete the entire FiveM app folder and redownload it again

**Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue? When I started FiveM a couple days ago the story mode part was working fine but since the latest build was released it broke Story Mode big time. Even when I start a new game from scratch w/o any saves the loading screen runs endlessly.

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! just FiveM Story Mode

Additional comments

A couple days ago I downloaded FiveM for the first time ever and ran Story Mode fine as the missions would properly trigger as intended but since the current build landed it wrecked the Story Mode functions big time as in not showing any map blips whatsoever and even when I go into LS Customs to customize my car it doesn’t trigger at all and I just drive into the garage without anyone there to help me!

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Load into a build 1604 server before using story mode.

How would I do that? Is there any command line parameters to do so? or do i have to join one or create one?

This is FiveM in stock mode but the story mode blips are still missing and such.

Ah, I see - some other unrelated change happened right at the same time as when storymode got fixed for b2189. :sweat_smile: Will be fixed shortly on canary at least.

Unintended side effect breaking some game script functions.

So does that mean I should go onto the Canary channel if I want to enjoy FiveM Story Mode to the fullest extent at the very least?

Guess I will try that after all.

Won’t work yet, probably ~30mins-an hour from now the fix will be there.

Please let me know when the fix is live and ready for it.

It should be out by now (note: on the canary channel).

It works now - thanks for your help!

I just booted up the stock install of FiveM under the Stable Release channel and Story Mode is now working as intended with all the blips and such - thanks for fixing this big time!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.