Stop people from opening resmon

There is any event being triggered for every console command ?
Was nice to have the ability to CancelEvent() if someone tries to open resmon 1 :confused:

Why do you want to block the resource monitor from being opened?

My real intention is not to “block” but yes to log, i want to know who is interested to see my server resources, that can help me preventing some situations.

well the title says to stop people from opening it and also you said it would be nice to be able to CancelEvent() it. Why would you to disable it…

So you don’t want people seeing your server resources? Fun fact; if I click on your server in the server listing and click on the little tab that says “Resources” … Can you guess what that will do? Take a huge wild guess friend.
Let’s be honest, if you’re on ESX you literally have nothing to hide, you’re more than likely using qalle jail, esx_policejob and every other public esx resource known to man kind, is there an esx script to tell you when your food is done cooking irl? you’ll probably be using that too because realism, right.

Why disable it? No need at all. I only see it as you trying to hide script runtimes from players that want to know them. Resmons a super useful tool. Seems idiotic to block it from being used. Also why even need to log such thing. It’s not a risk or can cause anything bad to happen, just seems odd why you want to block/log it’s use.

resmon persists through restarts via a config file (so it’ll be open if you close and open the game) and can be opened even when not connected to a server. There’s nothing you can do to stop/log it.

Trying to disable resmon is just silly. What is the point of that? I cannot fathom one use case for this, besides your resources are terribly optimized and you’re embarrassed by their usage lol.

1 Like

Im not using common ESX, i have a custom framework that yes, is based on esx but all the events have different names to avoid common cheaters, but anyway, i was requesting this functionality to be able to prevent certains types of people that only join my community to see how the server is running and what types of resources we use, i have an whitelist community that only can be accessed by a launcher, and as most common users dont know how to sniff the ip they cant see the resource list without resmon :wink:

What exactly is problematic about users knowing what resources you’re using?

Also, resource names can be found in places other than resmon. For instance, a list is printed to the console when connecting.

1 Like