Stolen account

I have a friend, owner of a server who was scammed by a moderator and they changed his password and email to which the keymaster account was linked, and thus all the purchased scripts were also stolen. I send a request for help to support and there is no response. How does it continue?
Has anyone had this happen to them and was there a solution?

I’m sorry to hear that, but in my opinion, unless you have money for lawyers, there’s no way you’re getting the account back. For variety of reasons. And CFX team is not here to role play a court session for you.

This is exactly why server owners have to learn damage control. Only give limited access, always make independent back ups, always act with the worst possible scenario in mind. Because of potential scenarios like this.

Don’t leave keys in the ignition and get mad, when the car is not there around the time you come back.

1 Like

Theft over 1,000$ is a federal crime, so if the account cannot be recovered normally, seeking legal aid might be the only path forward, CFX would have no choice but to turn over certain information regarding the account in a federal lawsuit case.

That being said I had my keymaster hacked, and all my assets transferred, but was able to get the script transfer revoked and reset to my account by each individual seller. CFX was no help at all, but most mod authors simply required the receipt and proof I was the one who made the purchase in order to reset the keys to the account that purchased them and revoke the transfer.

This situation is a little different, as the primary issue is account recovery. It’s entirely possible that reaching out the CFX support can assist with account recovery and then if when the account is recovered the keymaster script’s were transferred they could use the method above. I don’t think many mod authors would transfer their script to a new account even with receipts.

I know, I told them exactly the same thing about anticipating any possible inconvenience, they didn’t listen, and this is the result. Now I’m just looking to give you a hand, but you can only wait until cfx support wants to return the account, thanks for your response

That may help, now I’m going to tell them to see if they can recover all the scripts