Steam overlay and ENB series menu, don't work

GTA V version: Latest
Up to date:
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: Windows 10
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? I’ve uninstalled steam, fivem and gta5
System specifications: i7 9700k, rtx 2070super oc, 32gb ram 3000.
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): //
logs/CitizenFX_log files: //
.dmp files/report IDs: //

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? Today i’ve realized that shift+tab don’t work on FiveM (work in all other games but not fivem) Same problem with ENB series menu (shift+ enter). Last time it works after the reinstallation

What are you trying to do?

What have you tried already to fix the issue? I’ve uninstalled fivem, gta5 and steam.

Error screenshot (if any): //

What did you do to get this issue? notthing

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful!
I’ve the problem in the start menu’ is not a server problem. The problem persist in game too.

2 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

me too . i cant use enb series menu (i try to chang shift+enter to some another key but not work) how to fix this ? :sob:

1 Like

same here :slight_smile:

1 Like

This also has happened to me. Steam Overlay (Shift+Tab) and ENB(Shift+Enter/ End) have stopped working. Overlays and ENBs work perfectly fine in other games and the Key Mapping has been changed to find a fix to the problem but it still persist. It appears as if all overlays/external ui’s are broken for FiveM. Don’t understand what’s happened.

I don’t use ENB, but I am having problems with trying to use the steam bowser in game.

1 Like

I have the same problem since the last FiveM update.
Please FIX this

1 Like

No idea, we didn’t change anything at all in this regard. Maybe if Valve or ENB could provide their code or debug symbols we could investigate.

It seems it’s mostly their input handling which broke, as present calls work fine.

… ah, found what happened: they’re using the same functions for input as a known cheat instead of properly subclassing, so they got their input checks blocked.

2 Likes

All of these overlays and UIs were working before the update… and I know for certain my ENB files have not been updated with any new code as they are local and do not have an automatic update mechanism…

So… :confused:

For steam overlay, go into your steam settings and change the overlay keybind. I changed to shift+caps, restarted FiveM and it worked

Hello!

I have been experiencing the same issue as pretty much everyone else here with the overlay. There was a suggestion made by another person but here is what works for me after this update.

*Visit Steam Settings (Click ‘Steam’ top left corner of the steam interface) > In Game > Click on “Shortcut overlay keys” > change from “Shift+Tab” to another keybind that suits your needs without conflicting with another keybind in server. (Shift+Caps Lock) works fine with the minor inconvenience of making sure you don’t type in caps accidentally.

The ENB open key bind (Shift+Enter) and (END) works like normal in normal GTA. It appears the problem is FiveM based. Some confliction with how it deals with inputs… I’ve rebound the UI key to every possible input. The ENB loads but does not take effect in game and the UI bind does not work either. This was working before the update and the ENB files were not altered in any way. The only variable that changed was the FiveM update.

Is there a fix to this problem yet?

Even though the problem was already identified and a fix provided people still try to place blame and go ‘same issue’. Really?