Steam Link Five M ( Steam must be running )

Hi
I have five m problem it is not linked to steam,
i have this message : Steam must be running to play in this server
How can I fix this problem?
So, I play with my ip, and this creates problems that disappears money etc
Thanks and sorry for my bad English (i’m french)
Thx

8 Likes

Unfortunately, there is no way around it. If you wish to play on Steam enabled servers, you must have a steam version of GTA V. Not all servs have this enabled, keep trying, you’ll find some that don’t require steam. good luck

Edit: I was wrong…oops see below

11 Likes

That is false. You can play fine with a retail/disc copy of V, you just have to have Steam running in the background - nothing else, except perhaps having Source SDK Base 2007 installed.

Also, there’s no ‘permanent linking’ of accounts on FiveM at all.

12 Likes

Thanks for your answers, indeed, I can play on servers that do not request steam binding, but on the servers or I can connect I have a lot of trouble on the long terms like loss of money and loss of Skins, it’s super shit, I also do not have the ability to put a name rp given that the games is based on my pc name,
If there is a solution, I am taker, I have tried many times of launched steam and five m aprés, and vice versa, I installed SDK source 2007 also but nothing does
Thank you for answering me, waiting for a solution

4 Likes

up ?
Pleaaaase
I’m in the night

4 Likes

My apologies, I did not know that

5 Likes

You should be able to change your name in the fivem settings

5 Likes

i have steam running and my gta copy is on there, and I’m still getting the not linked error, it says its linked to my box account instead, how d i fix

6 Likes

3 year old topic, please mind the topic dates.

1 Like